City games allegedly fixed

Sam allerdyce. Employed as England manager after being named in that BBC doc as being potentially bent. Gets caught again doing dodgy dealings. Sacked. Within a few months he's hired again... madness.

Harry rednapps dogs bank account. Intelligent fucking dog that to have a Swiss bank account. He was cleared of any wrong doing.

When you look back at it all its hard to believe.

Its bent from top to bottom

Yep, definitely just a coincidence that we get shafted on such a regular basis. Nothing to see here.

Just look at the number of cards we get compared to the opposition of the day, taking into account we usually have 65-70% possession.

I've seen this quoted a lot in regard to illustrating the bias of refs - but don't necessarily think it tells the whole story.

One of the reasons we get so many yellow cards is the way we play. Yes we have a larger share of possession, but we also push so many players up the pitch when we attack, leaving us vulnerable to the counter. Thus if we lose possession we either need to win it back quickly, or stop the play to regroup. Because of this you can clearly see our players making tough challenges to accomplish this, and in many cases they are professional fouls and draw cards because of it. Fernandinho is a master of this, and even KDB and Silva join in as well. These fouls are somewhat cynical and the cards we receive are because of it.

There is a difference though. The idea that individuals in the game are open to dodgy, illegal activities is quite easy to believe. The desire for these individuals to be left alone to keep football making money is also easy for me to believe. The idea of some conspiracy involving all of the key people within football with the explicit aim of preventing city and selected other teams doing well I'd less so. I get where Phantom is coming from with this. I am not claiming ffp was not aiming to slow us, but referees being instructed by FA and pigmol does seem difficult to swallow, much like many other conspiracies about secret organisations running things. Before I am jumped on, died not make me stupid or naive, just don't buy the big conspiracy theories.

Sorry for any mistakes, typing on phone.

I've seen this quoted a lot in regard to illustrating the bias of refs - but don't necessarily think it tells the whole story.

One of the reasons we get so many yellow cards is the way we play. Yes we have a larger share of possession, but we also push so many players up the pitch when we attack, leaving us vulnerable to the counter. Thus if we lose possession we either need to win it back quickly, or stop the play to regroup. Because of this you can clearly see our players making tough challenges to accomplish this, and in many cases they are professional fouls and draw cards because of it. Fernandinho is a master of this, and even KDB and Silva join in as well. These fouls are somewhat cynical and the cards we receive are because of it.
That doesn't explain why the opposition are often afforded 3/4 poor challenges before a card is shown yet our first similar foul is often a yellow.
I agree with the premise of what you've posted though. We often resort to cynical fouls due to being caught on the counter because of how we play.

If you say so lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.