Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
But what if they discovered that every time they published some shit about how amazing Asda were it got millions of hits? And they could wring a few more mill out of the advertisers - that would then enable them to fund quality output such as Poldark, Strictly and award winning drama such as Doctor's Who and Foster etc? Makes sense even if they think Asda are shite.

But the BBC is not funded by advertising revenue, It's a public service broadcaster.

Ah the old 'if you don't like it don't read it' response. As you say it is a discussion forum, but only if you agree is it.?

I only believe the media show bias to Utd over other clubs. I don't believe in an anti City agenda.

But if you believe every negative comment, however ridiculous, is part of a coordinated anti City agenda, across all media outlets then good for you.
Why so shitty lol. I totally agree about the united thing. It is them and only them who get massive preferential treatment, and I didn't say otherwise. So even though you've obviously got a girly hump with me, you're actually agreeing with me!!!

Imagine any other business sector where the BBC actively promoted one company and put down a rival, there would be absolute uproar about the charter and scandalous misuse of public money - Asda this, Asda that, Asda is fuckin brilliant. Sainsbury's is shite, no-one goes to Sainsbury's, so expensive, Asda much better etc etc. I suppose there isn't any uproar because football isn't a multi - billion pound industry with millions of customers.......

My lad had MOTD Kickabout on yesterday morning, and they could scarcely have been more effusive in their praise of City, so that's not really true. You can watch it here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/cbbc/episode/b095yrcc/motd-kickabout-life-at-a-football-academy.

I'm not saying for one second that we don't get a disproportionate amount of negative press, but the notion that the media per se have an agenda against us is patently not the case.

I miss the days of the media "Who's better- Martial-Rashford-Lingard or Sané-Jesus-Sterling?" debates. Perhaps they've given it up as a lost cause.

Did that debate ever even really occur, or are we just making up things to be aggrieved about now?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.