City games allegedly fixed

Taylor evidently doesn't like City. Is that his own personal vendetta, or part of a wider conspiracy?
TBH Ric, and I said it earlier, our role is not to work out the motives for the deception, we are here to point it out.

Even if it's his own personal vendetta as you say, it's still cheating and it's still wrong

There's a difference between acknowledging that corruption in football exists, as it clearly does, and specifically accepting that there is a concerted effort amongst PL referees to cheat City. They are two separate arguments.
I said to Blue Phantom earlier
The cheating isn't just to disrupt City, it's to make money for the cheats, and we just happen to be collateral damage on more occasions than others.

The discussion, you introduced, was about yellow cards.
Straw man to bring up debatable, incredibly tight offsides
You've lost

Mate, I actually responded to sentiment about the ratio of our possession to cards received, and actually made no comment on the alleged 'leniency' afforded to our opponents - that element was introduced by others, including yourself. I don't agree in saying we've got 70% possession therefore we shouldn't have so many cards, because there is some logic to why we get awarded those cards. I was explaining why I think we get those cards - you introduced the strawman of equivalency to other teams escaping caution ;)

I don't know what goes on in ref's minds, but accept that they are not infallible and prone to mistakes. As I stated I think there are a ream of reasons why bad decisions happen that are more likely than widespread corruption which has been mentioned. We are an easy target in the media, we're 'ruining football' a bit of a tall Poppy as such and maybe that plays into refs minds. As others have said there's the whole mentality that rewards the agricultural English get stuck in and stick to these "dirty cheating foreigners" approach that also plays a part. I'm not naive enough to think there isn't corruption in football, but if you're telling me that McAuley escaped with a card with his challenge on Jesus (to be honest I can't even remember the incident), because the ref was paid to, or instructed to - I'm not having that. It was probably the ref favouring the home side (which does happen) or favouring the underdog.

TBH Ric, and I said it earlier, our role is not to work out the motives for the deception, we are here to point it out.

Even if it's his own personal vendetta as you say, it's still cheating and it's still wrong

I agree wholeheartedly with that mate. I've always thought that having a referee from Wythenshawe reffing either Manchester club is ridiculous. The FA shouldn't allow it to happen.

Can't be arsed going through the whole thread but I m sure someone mentioned i that Terry Henry Goàl against Ireland was bent as fuck also who can forget the hand of God.

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly with that mate. I've always thought that having a referee from Wythenshawe reffing either Manchester club is ridiculous. The FA shouldn't allow it to happen.
But they do
Just like they allowed Mason, a supposed Bolton fan, to ref United v QPR when QPR were in a relegation scrap with Bolton.

The FA and PiGMOL are rotten to the core

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.