Niall Quinn pen save

Remember it well. Had my leg in in full length plaster so had to get the missus to drive and come to the game with me. Parked up over on Bowes (?) Street and got back to the car afterwards only to find that PC Plod, being the upstanding members of society that they are, had come along after we'd parked, put cones out all down the street and then issued all the cars already parked there with tickets. Twunts.
As to the game, we'd started brilliantly IIRC and were already 2 up when Saunders did his Acapulco cliff diver routine. Had it not been for that I reckon we could have had a repeat of the Huddersfield game on our hands

Ah yes! When I went to watch a game on Dublin a few years ago I was chatting to some old boys and when I said I was from Manchester that's the first thing they said. Along with Dennis Irwin apparently.

Think it was the first or second year my dad took me on the Kippax instead of going in the North Stand. So I usually stood right down at the front by the railings. But think when the pen was given I ran up to the open corner where my dad stood and watched it from up there.

If I remember rightly we relegated Derby that day and then Sunderland last game of the season. Then relegated two more teams the next season too (Notts Co and someone else).

I remember I was quite proud of that at the time...obviously in leiu of any real City achievements!
Any port in a storm!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.