North Korea vs USA

He's flying missiles over Japan in an attempt to try to convince the west that he has the power to hurt us already. He is perhaps concerned about an imminent attack and is trying to do everything possible to make the US think twice about it.

are you being serious with this ^^^^ or is there a punchline to follow up later

He's flying missiles over Japan in an attempt to try to convince the west that he has the power to hurt us already. He is perhaps concerned about an imminent attack and is trying to do everything possible to make the US think twice about it.

An attack from whom? South Korea have never shown any intent to attack the North, nor have the USA until the North started playing with nuclear weapons. Japan have never threatened North Korea yet they themselves have been threatened by the North Koreans and flying ICBMs over a country is more than a threat. Nor are the weapons being tested defensive.

How people come to the conclusion that the DPRK wont attack anyone or use the expanding stockpile of nuclear weapons is beyond me. If for some reason the Kim regime was brought down from within he would use them. At a point in the not too distant future when he had a good number of them he would certainly use them to reunite the Korean peninsular.

Now is the time to hit his nuclear facilities before they assemble a credible nuclear armoury. Given Kim is about survival and doesnt have a head full of virgins and martyrdom it is unlikely that he would respond by attacking enemies even he knows will defeat him and bring to a close his time. He knows his regime can survive having his weapons taken out but were he to start firing at S Korea or Japan he would face having his country obliterated.

Doesn't change the fact that it was though

I know for a fact the Israelis have plenty of folk who can translate the Iranian language very accurately indeed. Were I an Israeli living in Israel I would be inclined to take it rather seriously and be of the opinion that should Iran get close to having the ability to carry out something, then that ability should be stopped at any cost, even if it involved using thier own nuclear weapons in a pre emptive strike. I have to say I tend to agree with them.

are you being serious with this ^^^^ or is there a punchline to follow up later
There's no punchline. NK are terrified about attempted US-initiated regime change. I thought that was obvious to everyone, but clearly not. That's what their weapons program is all about.

As a matter of interest, why did you think he's firing missiles over Japan eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.