Met a very misguided Yorkshire man today.....

Mad Eyed Screamer

I went into a bar today, in Clearwater, with the aim of watching the Arsenal / West Brom game.
I was sat in the outside area (pre match) reading a book and could hear a Yorkshire accent going on with himself with a Yank (who looked like he was in ZZ Top) about Muslims. And they went on.

I was a little bit away from them keeping myself to myself, but when the bar staff served me and heard my accent, she said to this Yorkshire twat ''Oh there's another Brit in the bar''.
Now I'm sure she meant well..... but this prick comes over to greet me like a long lost cousin and tells me he is originally from Dewsbury - and ''will never go back there'' (adding he'd been in Florida for 12 years)

He then - for reasons only known to himself - tells me he was a member of the Dewsbury NF in the early 80's.
I'm wanting to bail out and get away from the knob, when he asks me what I miss most about not being in the UK.
Before I can even think of an answer, he pipes up ''Me? I really miss a decent curry''.

There was absolutely no sense of irony in his voice..... I supped up, said I needed to go to the toilet and made my way out and to another bar. Complete bell end.

Last edited:
And here I was thinking this shit only ever happened to me!?!

Brits in America run the gamut! Sadly, more negative than positive, especially in the Sunshine State!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.