Raheem Sterling - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one thing that's never been in question is Raheem's tactical intelligence, it's what enabled him to thrive at Liverpool, he's so good at finding space. His movement for the goal was top quality, it looks easy but it certainly isn't.

I did notice as Aguero was trying to get KDB's attention for the pass that set up his assist, Sterling was already trying to get Aguero's which made the decision to lay it off instantly an easy one. The more successful combinations like this occur the less they will have to even signal their intentions making it even harder for the opposition to read the run of play.

8 goals in 6 games. Missed a sitter but didn't let that bother him and kept getting into the positions to score.

I appreciate that he can be frustrating, but he's a special talent. With just a small improvement in his precision (finishing and final ball) he could be devastating.

I just don't get why a small but significant number of Blues are so easily on his case.

Sterling is flying. Yes missed a sitter. But his positioning is maybe the best in world and I've said this before.

He is making so many intelligent runs. If Sane would of just passed him the ball in the end instead of going at it himself Sterling has another tap in. He gets into those kinds of positions at least once per game every game, it really is astonishing and many over look this.

He's gonna score 20 tap-ins for the season at this rate and he wouldn't even need to be a great striker of the ball to reach those numbers. Only on for 30 or so minutes yet had probably the two clearest chances of the game purely because of his intelligent movement. It's his third-man running off the ball that makes him so dangerous for the opposition, no one else in the team is as good as him in that area

The way he started and finished off the move for his goal was brilliant. Really noticed how direct and hungry for goals he's become this year, getting into the box centrally to finish off. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.