Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
The second goal was in the 90th minute. A one-goal lead at City is the definition of edgy!

Nice piece from Lineker on meeting Guardiola on the BBC.

BBC today in the summary box on their live updates page...

Machester City Edge Past Shakhtar Donetsk. Score 2-0.
Spurs Thump Apoel Nicosia. Score 3-0.
That's a fine margin between an edging and a thumping!

Spurs had 59% possession, 16 shots, 4 on target.

We had 56% possession, 18 shots, 7 on target, including a penalty miss.

Definite media bias.

We didn't play anywhere near our best and scored to seal the game in the 90th minute. We edged it in comparison to previous weeks, no bias here.

We didn't play anywhere near our best and scored to seal the game in the 90th minute. We edged it in comparison to previous weeks, no bias here.

2nd half we controlled the game and despite the odd nervy moment were largely comfortable. It could, and probably should, have been double the score it finished. I didn't watch the Spuds game so don't know how that panned out but I definitely don't think we merely 'edged' it. That said, I don't really think 3-0 constitutes a 'thumping' either. I think those descriptions have simultaneously made CIty appear worse and the Spuds appear better.

Sky News at 8.20 this morning .......
Spurs 3-0 win covered showed one of the goals and an interview with Harry Kane, then to
Madrid and Bale showed the first (excellent) goal then to
Liverpool and showed their equaliser then ............

Cardif who are now second. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my wife wants to know if I am having an affair as i said I was at the match last night.

They must think that if they ignore us then we will go away. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Sky blue elephants very much in the room.

Sky News at 8.20 this morning .......
Spurs 3-0 win covered showed one of the goals and an interview with Harry Kane, then to
Madrid and Bale showed the first (excellent) goal then to
Liverpool and showed their equaliser then ............

Cardif who are now second. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm my wife wants to know if I am having an affair as i said I was at the match last night.

Don't worry. Frank and Blue Phantom will be along to explain why it's not an agenda when the media consistently ignore a City win. The Fail's football stories this morning are in order: Liverpool's game, Spurs' game, Leipzig's game (one of their players was subbed because the Besiktas fans' noise made him feel dizzy. I shit you not.), Wio on Kane, Pochettino on Kane, Ronaldo's contract negotiations, Atletico's Costa deal, Beckham's deal with Sky and then City's game. So Liverpool 1st, Spurs 2nd and City 9th. Happens all the time.

I get the feeling that most of the media have the idea if they don't have a bad word to say about us its best if they just say nothing. That twunt Humphrey on BT last night seemed genuinely frustrated that Dunne and Lescott didn't want to play the usual games he plays with Camel Gob and Stevie G. As for Darke and Owen Hawkings, they only thing they offered in the commentary last night was a shared hope that Shaktar got something from the game.

Win = Swept under carpet Lose = Milk for all its worth

Pretty much the opposite of what happens to all our main rivals. Its all in our heads mind.

I just hope we have a serious dust allergy by the end of may.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.