Chelsea (a) pre-match thread

Chelsea v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea were superb tonight against Atletico (Luuz asside) and Kante and Bakayoko are starting to form an pretty impregnable DM partnership.
Play like we did on Tue night (and against Palace) in the first half and we will lose on Saturday. There is no room for slow play, no room for errors and no room for sloppy finishing.

Last edited:
We have a poor record at the Bridge so would take a draw. Hope both teams keep 11 on the pitch & there's no dubious decisions. We are not going to dominate every game so would like to see us grind a result out.
Agree. A win is obviously the aim but a draw wouldn't be a bad result. Both teams have crazy attacking talent I think it's going to be a goal fest and hoping we nick it.

This one is too close to call, but, if we can continue our excellent form and keep a clean sheet - even if we don't win - everyone is going to sit up and take notice (assuming Kompany is still out).

Biggest thing in this game will be to start quick and fast and by this I mean pressuring high up with intensity and purpose from the 1st minute and once the ball is won to hit them on the break with quick passing, not letting them settle and have time on the ball at all. The smaller size of their pitch will suit that kind of game as you can close space quicker. If that doesn't happen and the players start like they did against lpool or crystal palace, those early chances that the other two missed will be converted by chelsea.

They will be the biggest challengers for the league this season and this game will show pep a lot about the team/players and what the season ahead holds for them even at this early stage. Anyone who thinks they have only 2/3 dangerous players is very naive, moses and alonso are as good attacking wing-backs as you'll get and the likes of willian/pedro are very underrated players who can hurt you in a blink of an eye with how intelligent and technical they are on/off the ball.

For the team, the keeper, back 4 and midfield picks itself, its who will be the three out of sterling, sane, aguero and jesus that will be hard to decide and honestly a very good case can be made for all 4. Jesus is the hardest working of them off the ball in pressing and closing space which would suit the game the best and can see pep starting him for that as well as his obvious quality, sterling being the one with the best movement with getting into dangerous goal-scoring situations the most as well as space in behind to stretch them, sane being the one with imo the best ability on the ball and the likeliest to create a chance out of nowhere against a disciplined team like chelsea through his dribbling ability alone and then last but not least aguero being the one world class finisher in the whole team whom you'd want a chance to fall to before all the others. They all offer something different but equally as vital for the team so I don't envy pep deciding who gets left out especially as they are all on such good form.

I hope Pep has a specific plan for this and doesn't just go all out attack, they're too good and well drilled of a side not to take full advantage of the space in behind if we start with just Fernandinho holding the midfield together. I'm all for imposing our game on to them but it's more important not to get beat here. Will be interesting and a big test for Pep more than the players on the pitch to see exactly how much he's learnt about this league last season. If he gets it right and we come away undefeated i can't see us being troubled in the league until at least the visit of Arsenal in November. That would be an amazing foundation to build the season upon and gain that fearsome unbeatable aura that helps you win games that might otherwise be tricky.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.