Vincent Kompany injuries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone help? I see that Belgium play 2 World Cup qualifying games early October v Boss/ Hetz and Cyprus. If City don't play Kompany on Saturday, will that prevent Belgium from calling him up into the national side or is it purely down to if City (or Belgium) consider him to be fit to play. Genuine question

Pep joined us at probably the worst possible time. Old full backs, injury prone captain, ageing midfield and squad full of players that weren’t good enough. We still need CB, LB and DM for our squad to be complete. That’s £150m worth of players I should think.
It's unfortunate, but unavoidable. As it stands I'm sweating over Fernandinho suffering from burn out. We have no like-for-like replacements for him.

If Komoany doesn’t play for us how can Belgium pick him? He won’t be match fit, I think he’s fucked his international and domestic career by been so stubborn, I love the bloke but he should have retired from international football we are paying his wages and we should be his priority.

Pep joined us at probably the worst possible time. Old full backs, injury prone captain, ageing midfield and squad full of players that weren’t good enough. We still need CB, LB and DM for our squad to be complete. That’s £150m worth of players I should think.

He did but he also didn't particularly help matters in summers 2015 and 2016. 2015 he had a hand in De Bruyne and Sterling but no full backs signed and Otamendi came in who didn't solve the defensive problem. 2016 he came in and didn't sign a full back and Bravo was a disaster in goal.

It's always left Pep a year behind to where we need to be. We did good business this summer but are still short in midfield (Yaya kept around to fill a void when he's on his last legs), struggling at centre back without Kompany, a Mendy injury away from having no left back and have no other striker than Jesus or Aguero.

It'll be another year or two until the squad is complete and then Pep could be on his merry way. I don't see him here long term. I hope we at least have a season with Pep where we have a good full squad of players with hopefully 1 or 2 academy players.

You know what I cannot be bothered picking through everything that's wrong with your statements but the main ones.
1 no we don't need all the extra bodies you listed. Pep bought players that can play on the left, right and in the centre. What makes you say Bernado plays in the centre? Most of the time he has been brought on to play where he did for Monaco- wide right. If he is also available for the cm why do we need another player there. If Pep plays 3 at the back with wing backs we don't play any of our wide players.
2 City cannot shop in the bargain basement, example JFE, he should be bb but West Brom apparently wanted over £35M. We have already wasted too much money in stupid panic buys.
Our current squad is the strongest in the league. Some on here just think the only way to win anything is to end up with a squad of nearly 40 players, doubling up on every player to give us 2 complete squads. Life isn't like that.
It doesn't surprise me you cannot be bothered to pick through what I've said, because I'm sure if you could, you would. The ONLY thing stopping us from correcting these gaps in our squad is FFP. The market being crazy isn't our fault. People thought £54.5m on KDB was mad, but 2 seasons later, it looks like a snip.

If we could fill the positions I outlined for £50m, we'd have done so, but as it stands we can't because of the crazy state of the market. We're all entitled to an opinion & I don't agree with yours as you don't with mine. We have different ways of looking at our squad, whereby I want us to be in a position that if we suffer injuries, or need to rest players, there's no appreciable drop in quality.

If you're happy for us to go through the slog of an entire season having no strength in depth, & you think moving players around to fill the gaps is our best solution, well that's your business. Me personally, I want a top rated LB, CB, RM, CDM & CF for cover at the very least & it seems Pep & the club do too.

It's unfortunate, but unavoidable. As it stands I'm sweating over Fernandinho suffering from burn out. We have no like-for-like replacements for him.
Or he joined at the perfect time so he could build a team of his own.

To be fair, you didn't tell us this...

Or more accurately no one argued Kompany might not get injured. That would be silly.

What you said was that "once Kompany got injured, we'd start shipping in goals coz we had an brain fart in Otamendi and a softie in Stones."

On the evidence so far, you've been wrong...

And let me just clear my throat before going

I told you Stones AND Ota supported by athletic Full backs and a shotstopping keeper would be just fine... And so far, lo and behold... They've been.
No doubt Walker and Ederson are helping a lot but I still think we should have gone all out for a top CB in summer. We haven't been hugely tested yet at the back so let's wait and see. Looked reasonable at the back on Tuesday I thought, particularly in the second half but until Liverpool went down to 10 men I thought Otamendi got torn to fucking pieces and even the mighty Palace made us look vulnerable at the back for 30+ mins. So let's see how we go. Oh, and plenty on here were saying trust the club, if they aren't getting a replacement then they must be confident Kompany is over his problems.

He did but he also didn't particularly help matters in summers 2015 and 2016. 2015 he had a hand in De Bruyne and Sterling but no full backs signed and Otamendi came in who didn't solve the defensive problem. 2016 he came in and didn't sign a full back and Bravo was a disaster in goal.

It's always left Pep a year behind to where we need to be. We did good business this summer but are still short in midfield (Yaya kept around to fill a void when he's on his last legs), struggling at centre back without Kompany, a Mendy injury away from having no left back and have no other striker than Jesus or Aguero.

It'll be another year or two until the squad is complete and then Pep could be on his merry way. I don't see him here long term. I hope we at least have a season with Pep where we have a good full squad of players with hopefully 1 or 2 academy players.
I agree with most of what you've said, but disagree with how long Pep will be around. Why would he want to commence this rebuilding project, only to leave a year before its completion?

Anything can happen in football, but after all we went through to get Guardiola, do you really think we did this only to dispense of him after 3 years? Pep has constantly spoken about it taking at least 10 years for City to properly catch up with the likes of Barca & Madrid, & he's also mentioned this is the start of that rebuilding/catching up period, so why would he want to start something & not complete it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.