What's the best you've ever seen City play?

I,d have to pick fulham Away 0-4 .Mancini under pressure,completely bossed the game from start to finish,breathtaking football from another planet
We all sang the Mancini song at the end and raised the roof before bursting into a deafening loud City!City ! City! City! Went on for ages,it felt warranted as the media had just slagged us all week,we were fed up with it, the players were fed up witn if...,Mancini appreciated it.
Fulham did not know what hit them that Sunday afternoon, altho they certainly know how to charge down in putney,fiver a pint iirc at half time
Even tony pullis mentioned the performance a few days later,remarking that it was probably the best football he had ever seen since the premier league started.Jamie redknapp also said he had never seen football like it,altho his voice faded as he spoke ,as tho he realised he had spoken out of turn....
A fantastic day for all connected to City,put under the 4pm sunday spotlight in expensive West London,and the Blue Boys passed the test with ease..and class.

That match and that particular fact should never ever ever be forgotten.
Always a good one to bring up when any rag gets above himself in the pub

I don't remember watching any game end-to-end more than twice, but I must have watched that game atleast 5 times, despite it being a low scoring one. Something special about that performance.

The 6-1 is the greatest game I've ever been to in my life, so I'd have to pick that one. The 1-0 at home the same season against the rags is also up there.

The second half in the 4-3 against Spurs was special too.

Was at that game mate. Wasn't it the second half where we more tore them apart. They had a player sent off just before the break.

We were brilliant in the first but their keeper made at couple of fantastic saves and we should have been five up. I think they were knackered in the second half and our class showed.

Last edited:
I,d have to pick fulham Away 0-4 .Mancini under pressure,completely bossed the game from start to finish,breathtaking football from another planet
We all sang the Mancini song at the end and raised the roof before bursting into a deafening loud City!City ! City! City! Went on for ages,it felt warranted as the media had just slagged us all week,we were fed up with it, the players were fed up witn if...,Mancini appreciated it.
Fulham did not know what hit them that Sunday afternoon, altho they certainly know how to charge down in putney,fiver a pint iirc at half time
Even tony pullis mentioned the performance a few days later,remarking that it was probably the best football he had ever seen since the premier league started.Jamie redknapp also said he had never seen football like it,altho his voice faded as he spoke ,as tho he realised he had spoken out of turn....
A fantastic day for all connected to City,put under the 4pm sunday spotlight in expensive West London,and the Blue Boys passed the test with ease..and class.
And on motd shearer focused on how poor fulhams defence were

I have a vague memory of that. Mind you, all my memories are vague nowadays. Didn't Jimmy Murray score a hatful thar Xmas?

Jimmy Murray was around at that time and seemed to score a bagful over the Christmas. I shall have to look up. Stuff I thought was this season turns out to be five seasons ago; stuff I thought was five seasons ago was five weeks ago. But I am a fully paid up member of the FOCs from CBL3!

Jimmy Murray was around at that time and seemed to score a bagful over the Christmas. I shall have to look up. Stuff I thought was this season turns out to be five seasons ago; stuff I thought was five seasons ago was five weeks ago. But I am a fully paid up member of the FOCs from CBL3!
See post by X gorton on page 11. Jimmy scored 8 of those goals, he says.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.