Aguero injured after a car accident in the Netherlands

First thing at least he's ok.

Second thing- this is ridiculous. So close to one of the biggest games of the season and so close to him getting the record. It is absolutely unbelievable

I don't think Sergio was playing from the start on Saturday anyway.

Jesus was in. Taken off on Tuesday.

It's a blow, but shit happens and we have to just get on with it and make the best of things. I'm just glad he isn't more seriously injured or even killed.

Jesus is more than decent cover and we can always play Sane or Sterling as striker if we need to.

Holland is not some far away location - if he had flown to a concert in London would you be in a state of angst?

Probably only 20 mins more in the air going to Holland rather than London

He has a life

This. I suspect the ones who are saying why is he there, etc sit in the house festering every night and never go out. I work with such people. That's called existing not living. The world is a small place. You could travel to Holland in the time you can get a train to London.

Getting out on a day off is good for his mental wellbeing. The accident could have happened anywhere. If he'd have got in the next taxi it may not have happened at all. Had he gone to a concert in London he could have been in an accident on the motorway and severely injured. Sliding doors. He'll be back.

Clearly a big blow but I think we've got adequate cover for the next 6 weeks or so.

Dig in at Chelsea, get a point and then there's an international break so there's 2 weeks of his recovery. Stoke and Burnley at home with Napoli at home too. West Brom away then he'll be near enough back. Wolves, play kids without a doubt.

Chelsea, arsenal and the games with Napoli are the ones where we will miss him but this is where pep earns his £££ and uses his squad.

Obviously bad news but I have no doubt that Jesus will be fine up front by himself. A run of matches there uninterrupted without shifting him into other positions will do him no harm at all.

Apart from exposing him to more minutes than we would have liked and increasing his risk of injury?

Football is a capricious beast. This is where we needed Sanchez to be part of the squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.