Aguero injured after a car accident in the Netherlands

No ones having a pop mate. He's wrong though, now I have nothing to do with crash investigation but I've been at 100s of RTCs ,as have plenty more on here who work in the emergency services. From my experience passenger rib injurys are generally caused by the seatbelt restraint. In a collision firstly the vehicle collides with either a stationary object or another vehicle. the occupant continues traveling at the speed the vehicle was traveling at prior to the collision until he/she then collides with either the dashboard/steering/window/ front seats or the restraints ie seat belts or airbags. the internal organs and brain then collide with the skeleton.

Eww.

Obviously hope he's OK first and foremost. Fractured a few ribs in a car crash nearly 25 years ago and it's fucking painful. But for all the wet fanny merchants saying the title has gone, it's a fact that our record without him is better than our record with him with 2.03 points per game without and 1.73 with (not including this season).

No ones having a pop mate. He's wrong though, now I have nothing to do with crash investigation but I've been at 100s of RTCs ,as have plenty more on here who work in the emergency services. From my experience passenger rib injurys are generally caused by the seatbelt restraint. In a collision firstly the vehicle collides with either a stationary object or another vehicle. the occupant continues traveling at the speed the vehicle was traveling at prior to the collision until he/she then collides with either the dashboard/steering/window/ front seats or the restraints ie seat belts or airbags. the internal organs and brain then collide with the skeleton.
Absolutely this. I was in a crash where the vehicle I was in was stationary and was hit at high speed (70mph+) from behind by another vehicle. My injuries (fractured ribs mainly) were caused by the seatbelt. Had I not had it on at the time, I would have been the first Briton in space.

He has some nerve getting himself in a car crash 2 days before a big game. What was he thinking?!

Get well soon me lad.

What an extraordinary thread. There are certainly afew on here who hold very strange opinions concerning how our players should live.

Let's have a little perspective here. For considerably less than a day's wages, Sergio can charter a small executive jet such as a Cessna Citation for a return trip to the continent. This implies minimal waiting around at airports, stress-free airport procedures, and a luxury cabin environment with no legroom constraints whatsoever. On a trip from Manchester to Amsterdam, he will effectively sit in an airborne luxury lounge for one hour each way whilst enjoying top quality refreshments. Any notion that this would negatively impact his ability to play a football match two days later is beyond ludicrous. Most regular day-to-day activities are more physically demanding than a flight like this.

It is also important that we allow our players to enjoy balanced fulfilled lives. It is to the benefit of all who support City if our players love the lifestyle which Manchester and the club affords them. That means, within reason, they should be allowed to enjoy themselves on their days off both within Manchester and its surroundings and further afield where their journey comes with negligible levels of stress. They're young guys. They get days off. It is not wrong to have a bit of fun if done responsibly. Short-haul executive jet travel has no negative implications for fit young guys like these. Day out to Amsterdam? Why not? No problem. But there will be a problem if we instead treat our players like Trappist Monks and make their time away from work miserable.

Sergio has been involved in a deeply unfortunate road accident in which he wasn't even the driver. It could happen to any of us. He has done nothing wrong whatsoever, and his professionalism is only questioned by mischief-making journalists out to stir trouble. Sergio's behaviour here is beyond reproach. Nothing to see.

I wish him a very speedy recovery. Partly for his own sake, but also for selfish reasons!

Just had a friend of my look at it who is a former RTA crime scene investigator.

He says 'whoever was driving has misjudged the corner but he would estimate was only travelling at between 30-35mph.'

However he did go onto say that he was say to receive damage to your ribs in that circumstance indicates to him that his seat belt wasn't being worn.

Ffs!
30-35 without a seat belt and he would be in a lot worse condition. I suspect the belt probably broke the rib

What an extraordinary thread. There are certainly afew on here who hold very strange opinions concerning how our players should live.

Let's have a little perspective here. For considerably less than a day's wages, Sergio can charter a small executive jet such as a Cessna Citation for a return trip to the continent. This implies minimal waiting around at airports, stress-free airport procedures, and a luxury cabin environment with no legroom constraints whatsoever. On a trip from Manchester to Amsterdam, he will effectively sit in an airborne luxury lounge for one hour each way whilst enjoying top quality refreshments. Any notion that this would negatively impact his ability to play a football match two days later is beyond ludicrous. Most regular day-to-day activities are more physically demanding than a flight like this.

It is also important that we allow our players to enjoy balanced fulfilled lives. It is to the benefit of all who support City if our players love the lifestyle which Manchester and the club affords them. That means, within reason, they should be allowed to enjoy themselves on their days off both within Manchester and its surroundings and further afield where their journey comes with negligible levels of stress. They're young guys. They get days off. It is not wrong to have a bit of fun if done responsibly. Short-haul executive jet travel has no negative implications for fit young guys like these. Day out to Amsterdam? Why not? No problem. But there will be a problem if we instead treat our players like Trappist Monks and make their time away from work miserable.

Sergio has been involved in a deeply unfortunate road accident in which he wasn't even the driver. It could happen to any of us. He has done nothing wrong whatsoever, and his professionalism is only questioned by mischief-making journalists out to stir trouble. Sergio's behaviour here is beyond reproach. Nothing to see.

I wish him a very speedy recovery. Partly for his own sake, but also for selfish reasons!

Amen to that. Great post.

Top post well said

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.