Chelsea (a) pre-match thread

Chelsea v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
But it's a well known fact that if City win, it's because the opposition were poor. However, if scum, dippers or Chekski win it's because they are unstoppable. :)

I can't wait to hear about how much Palace have improved this week if United don't score 5 against them.

That's irrelevant.

It's not about what Chelsea are used to playing, it's what they're used to facing, and they don't play 3 at the back sides very often.

Chelsea are going to be used to their formation no matter whether we play 433 or 352, but if Pep goes 352 it will be because it exploits the weaknesses of the 343 Chelsea play, and because Chelsea only play against opposition playing 352 maybe once or twice a year, they aren't used to dealing with it.

Totally agree...

Pep should take this to conte, I genuinely think when weighing the 2 attacks against each particular back 3, then ours is the more productive, they have a glaring weakness in that system when Luiz isn't available, we should exploit it!

Never been a massive fan of Sterling but I am desperate for him to score the winner and rub it in Hazard's face now.

Fucking come onnnnnn... so pumped up for this and even more so now after seeing that hazard video.

Chelsea away was our last defeat in the league. 14 games unbeaten since then, they lucked out with Jesus being injured last time around so I expect him to be a huge surprise to Chelsea.

This is not the 'first real test for City'.

Liverpool were. Then we beat them and suddenly it was Shaktar. Then we beat them and suddenly it was Chelsea. Not until we lose will anyone accept that we've had a hard game. Nothing is a test to them unless we fail it.

Passing today's test will be a draw or a win in my opinion.

We should take the game to them, even with no Aguero.
Sane, Jesus and Sterling is my attack preference.
The defence could be tinkered with a bit, but probably unnecessary.
As for the midfield Gundogan over Silva to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.