Match of the Day - 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see how long the red scum get talked about. In all honesty they know we look far superior but just wont want to acknowledge it because Pep wasn't supposed to take us up a level as he couldn't hack it in the Premier league

I liked Shearers quotes at the end... "They won't be too far off".

High praise indeed Alan, we just completely dominated the champions in their own back yard by his own admission, and the most adventurous prediction he can manage is that we won't be miles away at the end of the season.

The comments afterwards were a far fairer reflection than the 'highlights'

What do you expect them to show? Lots of dominating possession and winning the ball back. Match of the day is always about chances and goals. They showed 3 shots from Silva, Sterling cross, Sterling shot over, Fernandinho header, de Bruyne goal and Jesus off the line. There weren't that many more clear attempts if any. The talking points after the game highlighted the benefits of Ederson, the skill of de Bruyne and the teams intensity at winning the ball back. The comments then confirmed to everyone in any doubt that we absolutely played them off the park. I'm not really sure what else they could do in the 10 mins allocated to our game.

I accept we don't always get a fair deal in the media but sometimes people only see what they want to see. There was a great article by Kay about Walker today. Not mentioned in the media thread.

Rashford did have a good game to be fair, albeit against a team that weren't even trying but for once the hype was justified.

they know we look far superior but just wont want to acknowledge it because Pep wasn't supposed to take us up a level as he couldn't hack it in the Premier league
The media will try to make us and united look as even as possible for as long as possible until it becomes undeniable and they have to begrudgingly conceded the gap in class that we can already see is there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.