Chelsea(A) - Post Match Thread

No they didnt and they discussed how we comfortably beat them. It could not have been more positive.

People are desperate to find fault.

Didn't have a problem with the discussion afterwards, they were pretty fair.

The highlights were bullshit though. Also, the less said about Jonathan Pearce, the better.

Yes, we dominated the game. But, the ONLY reason it was so close for so long, was Chelsea playing very tight. As soon as the goal went in and they had to push forward just a yard more, we took advantage of the extra space and threatened time & time again. We're only going to lose one of two ways; when a team stays behind the ball, we can't break them down and they scrape a goal on the break. Or, we lose in a slug fest, 3-4, but that's highly unlikely.

I know its incorrect but the question begs itself

Would the pressing be that good with Aguero in

Firstly 4-3-3 seems to press better than 3-5-2 Pep dont want to leave Jesus out. Secondly Aguero looks like he needs to save energy for his bursts he never really enjoys harrassing the opposition.

Pep tactics is actually very defensive minded. His goal is to control the game and starve the opposition.

I bet he doesnt fancy David Silva either. When Gundogan and Bernado gains momentum and influence they will start to replace the magician. Pep wants controllers. Goals will come naturally when the opposition make mistakes.

giphy.gif

But they did. Stats at the end completely back-up BJL's comment. Chelsea had 4 shots; we saw all 4 in those highlights. We had 17 (which doesn't even tell half the story of our dominance) and we saw around a third of our chances. The accurate summary after the highlights rightly concluded that we steam-rollered Chelsea, but was completely at odds with the highlights shown.

They actually showed 7 plus sterlings cross and another that de Bruyne almost got on the end off. I can't recall any of the others being that worthy of being shown. 3 of Chelsea four were reasonable chances, 2 of which were saved and the other was illustrating Otamendi' stupid challenge which I think anyone would agree was stupid.

They then analysed just how good Ederson was, de Bruyne's skill and how hard we worked as a team to win the ball back and concluded by stating we played them off the park.

What else could they have done really?

Delph is a masterclass, KDB may be the most valuable player in the PL right now, would have liked to see us find someone to spell Ferny (feel like he might get burned out by May)_ Yaya?
Sane is fucking frustrating, legitimately great one game and then over commits and makes a bunch of needless fouls at other times. This is the best team we have had since the first PL title, folks.
Sane is a kid who will continue to develop and mature. We've only seen a glimpse of what he will become.

Clearly City are the team to beat this season. Top Top result today. And what will that do for the teams confidence going forward?

Just watched it after work, has to be one of the most complete performances i've ever seen from us.

Guardiola killed it with his tactics and the players executed them to perfection. Totally dismantled them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.