Tories have lost the vote of the young generation.

Just listened to Justine Greening announcing that tuition fees are to be frozen at 9250 and that fee repayment will start t 25k. Saving students. She forgets to say that her government raised fees by over 200% and then recently retrospectively put interest up to 6% on students who agreed to fees at a lower rate. Who do they think the torries are kidding. They will fool no young people with these platitudes. Tuition fees and their implementation are wrong in so many ways. May and her government are completely out of touch with young people. Are moving further away.

The Tories' biggest problem is not the policies, but their abysmal presentation of them.

What percentage of young people go to university? About 40% at the moment. 60% do not.

Do you think it's right that those who do not go, who on average will end up with lower paid jobs, should pay through taxation for the others who do go? Do you think that is fair on those who cannot go, or who don't want to?

It clearly isn't. The principle that those who will directly benefit, should pay something towards the cost, is fair and sensible. There is a huge question mark over the numbers and I think the earnings threshold should be more like £35,000 not £21,000 (£25k proposed). And the interest rate should be 0% or 1% perhaps, not the offensive 6%. But the principle is right.

The Tories should be appealing to the 60% who do not go to university: "If you want to pay more tax, so that other people can benefit, vote Corbyn".

Or, you dont financially stymie that 40% in therir endeavours to train up, gain skills and knowledge, and add future value to the economy. All in the name of paying a few quid less tax. Lets all shaft our kids, yeah?

Poor Torres. From making an arse of it going to Chelsea, now this.

He must be gutted.

I'm actually in favour of tuition fees I just think they should be set at a reasonable level and implemented fairly across students, courses and families right across the UK. At the moment they are grossly unfairly implemented in many areas. My point was the torries tinkering around the edges will do nothing to win young voters over.

Just listened to Justine Greening announcing that tuition fees are to be frozen at 9250 and that fee repayment will start t 25k. Saving students. She forgets to say that her government raised fees by over 200% and then recently retrospectively put interest up to 6% on students who agreed to fees at a lower rate. Who do they think the torries are kidding. They will fool no young people with these platitudes. Tuition fees and their implementation are wrong in so many ways. May and her government are completely out of touch with young people. Are moving further away.
Two different and incorrect spellings of Tories in the thread title and first post alone.

Well done. Though I guess it does back your point that people have been out off further education.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.