F1 Thread

It's very strange why some seem to think cheating Germans coupled with raggy Ferrari are worth anything other than contempt. Either short memories or young.
I have no issue with the Ferrari angle - an entire country supports them whomever is driving (a third point of view)

By deliberately taking out cars in front of him. Just ask Mark Webber and to a lesser extent, Hamilton.
Clearly he's learnt his trade from Schumacher, the biggest cheat in F1 history.
I knew you were going to say that lol
He lost his cool in the baku incident and was rightly punished but he's never actually taken a car out on purpose
Also the multi 21 incident. I personally believe that team orders are for the most part nonsense; just let them drive.

amazes me how F1 survives, when it's flagship circuit has no overtaking, in fact overtaking anywhere is pretty rare. Aerodynamics, tyres, technology out of control make it impossible for anyone not in the best car to win.
In the sixties, it was normal for the first 6 to be from different teams with the lead changing right up to the flag. It was just as close in the Cosworth era when all but Ferrari had the same engine. For me the turbo-powered cars sorted the best drivers, surplus power and skinny tyres, no driver aids and very little downforce made for tremendous racing, unlike the modern era when with the odd exception, the start order is similar to the finish order. Got Bernie to blame for that, he dictated every detail once Mosley was "persuaded" to step down. Things might change with the new owners as viewing figures continue to decline and major sponsors react to that and trim their spend accordingly.

amazes me how F1 survives, when it's flagship circuit has no overtaking, in fact overtaking anywhere is pretty rare. Aerodynamics, tyres, technology out of control make it impossible for anyone not in the best car to win.
In the sixties, it was normal for the first 6 to be from different teams with the lead changing right up to the flag. It was just as close in the Cosworth era when all but Ferrari had the same engine. For me the turbo-powered cars sorted the best drivers, surplus power and skinny tyres, no driver aids and very little downforce made for tremendous racing, unlike the modern era when with the odd exception, the start order is similar to the finish order. Got Bernie to blame for that, he dictated every detail once Mosley was "persuaded" to step down. Things might change with the new owners as viewing figures continue to decline and major sponsors react to that and trim their spend accordingly.

High levels of downforce and carbon brakes is the reason for the lack of overtaking. You've got to be a damn sight faster than the car in front to overcome the dirty air coming from their car slowing you down plus the breaking distances are tiny. That's why unfortunately DRS is a necessary evil to overcome the dirty air effect.

I'd love to see a mechanically high tech (Not bloody NASCAR!) racing series that has little to no aerodynamics as I think you'd see some great racing.

Just look at this from the Goodwood Revival. Great stuff.

yesterday proved that F1 is a farce with only 2 possibly 3 teams at a push will ever win it,for a car to start last and finish 4th shows 80% of drivers and cars are only there to make up the numbers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.