Chelsea 2017/2018

No time for Conte. He's like Jose, a parasite on the game and ruins many a good spectacle.

Whinging at scheduling when he had no CL last year and benefited from it more so than any other is genuinely hilarious.

Even though we totally dominated Chelsea, we only won 1-0, mainly down to good solid defending. As such I still think they will be there or there abouts at the end of the season. Especially as they actually have more points at this point in this season than last.

Yep, that's not really been picked up, but their defending was outstanding. City didn't actually miss many chances, there were lots of blocks, last ditch tackles and clearances. They're a very good side - that hasn't changed.

We were piss poor. I was quite embarrassed by how much worse than City we were. It was a coward's approach to the game IMO. We defended reasonably well, but as soon as Morata went off, our attacking intent went with him, despite having Fabregas Hazard and Willian on the pitch. That blame lies with the coach. City were awesome though. I have not seen a better performance at the Bridge by an opposing team for a long, long time. Better than Pep's Barca teams IMO.

Incredible team, near flawless performance. Not many teams in the world can make us cower like that at home.

I understood the theory of brining on Willian but unfortunately for them, it didn't work. It didn't come close to working

Re Willian - I like him but don't watch that much of him. Question for the Chelsea fans among us, his he a 'match of the day player', inconsistent or very good but just so happened to be left out yesterday?

He is pretty average most games. He is capable of individual moments of insane skill and technique, but over the course of 90 mins, he is almost always average. Pedro is better than him, but neither of them are elite. For years, we have badly needed player who can be Hazard's equal on the right. We have pissed about for too long in that position. We've bought and sold Salah, Cuadrado, Schurrle, Marin, I'm probably forgetting some. And we now have Pedro and Willian. So much money wasted in that position, when we could have just gone out and got an elite player once and for all.

We were piss poor. I was quite embarrassed by how much worse than City we were. It was a coward's approach to the game IMO. We defended reasonably well, but as soon as Morata went off, our attacking intent went with him, despite having Fabregas Hazard and Willian on the pitch. That blame lies with the coach. City were awesome though. I have not seen a better performance at the Bridge by an opposing team for a long, long time. Better than Pep's Barca teams IMO.

Incredible team, near flawless performance. Not many teams in the world can make us cower like that at home.
Near flawless ?............wum.

Thanks for the compliment mate. It was not the Chelsea I was expecting, and I for one will not be writing you off just yet.

. For years, we have badly needed player who can be Hazard's equal on the right. We have pissed about for too long in that position. We've bought and sold Salah, Cuadrado, Schurrle, Marin, I'm probably forgetting some. And we now have Pedro and Willian. So much money wasted in that position, when we could have just gone out and got an elite player once and for all.
De Bruyne

Thanks for the compliment mate. It was not the Chelsea I was expecting, and I for one will not be writing you off just yet.

I think we still have a chance, but our record at home this season hasn't been great. We've only beaten a pretty pathetic Everton team. That has to improve.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.