Shooting at Mandalay Bay Resort (Las Vegas)

Good luck to us all. You are more likely to die in a car crash than a gun shot wound, but the choice is, of course, yours. There is a lot of world out there to enjoy, so I hope you do.

Maybe, "voting" with your vacation dollars is one thing people with real votes would hear? If FL, NY, CA, NV all had zero input of tourist dollars, they might wake up and listen...
The sad thing is that they wouldn’t... there is a belief that they are acting because of entitlement and that will always come before tourist values or numbers

It will definitely put some off... I have a chance of a secondment to California and probably won’t go... I never thought i’d say that but there are too many idiots there... idiots with bibles and guns or both..
T'would be a shame to miss an oppurtunity like that through fear, you're way more likely to be run over on the way to the airport than being shot in a mass shooting. I've lived here for 28 years and would be way more scared walking around Manchester than 98% of the entire US. As for bible bashers, tell them to fuck off

It will definitely put some off... I have a chance of a secondment to California and probably won’t go... I never thought i’d say that but there are too many idiots there... idiots with bibles and guns or both..
I'd be there in a heartbeat. Don't let dickheads like this dictate your life. It sounds like a great opportunity for you.

Your premise is bollocks. Untrue! I know, I've bouhgt guns. In Illinois, for instance, you cannot simply walk into a WalMart and buy ammunition without a STATE-ISSUED Firearms Owners ID card, which involves a background check. Indeed, to buy a weapon, you need either a Federal Firearms Licence OR to submit paperwork for the state background check and a waiting period. I know, I've done it, I have weapons, I have licenses!

The BIG DEAL here is why did he do it and how did he get the weapon we can hear on the videos? That sounds like an AUTOMATIC LONG GUN, which is illegal and only issued to military personnel. He was a 64 year old man living in a Retirement Community (have to be over at least 50 to live there) in Nevada, but also had property in N. Nevada, which is the Wild Wild West in terms of being out in the boonies and what people do up there. It is in the middle of nowhere and he may have had a range and cache of weapons up there and no-one would have known, or probably cared.

That said, none of this stops the next one, and the next, and the one after that....which will get us to the weekend! As others have noted, mass killings (4 or more) are a regular occurrence here, but until and unless the Second Amendment is repealed and the literally HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF FIREARMS removed from law-abiding people, there will always be ways to access guns. With a Republican President, Republican Senate, Republican House, and 3/4 of the State Houses in America run by Republicans, you can forget ANY LEGAL TIGHTENING....ANY...on the ownership of weapons in this country.

That is the reality of Firearms ownership in America, like it or not!
Sorry. I should have qualified it by saying certain states (such as Louisiana). US gun laws are hugely outdated, but the NRA will kick and scream to keep the status quo whilst innocent people continue to be slaughtered in schools, shopping mall's and on the streets.

And out of those 273 "mass shootings" a total of 328 people have been killed. That's including the total of 58 (at this time) for the last Vegas one.

If you take out the Vegas one then out of 272 mass shootings there have been 276 deaths or around one death per shooting.

It's still horrendous but gives a perspective as to why law makers and gun lobbyists in the states don't look at it as big a problem as someone who just reads the headline figure of 273 might.
Just said on channel 4 news 30,000 people killed with guns in America this year, I would say that's a massive problem!!!

Such sad scenes and the mind boggles how a human being can do such wicked things to a fellow man.

Just hope that as many of the injured can survive as possible.

Trump: "An act of pure evil".

Well, possibly. However, to make that call this early is pure speculation without first ascertaining the shooters medical history or state of mind. I don't want to defend the guy but he could have had serious mental health issues. Trump needs to think before he opens his mouth. He just doesn't do himself any favours.

This is just the sort "now is not the time" crap that got America here in the first place. DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.
So, tell me what, and explain to me how, and I'll let you know how I feel about your ideas.

You act like I'm in favor of this shit?! Newsflash: I'm not!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.