Shooting at Mandalay Bay Resort (Las Vegas)

I've never been or wanted to visit the US, it holds no interest to me.

The last time I held or shot a gun would have been in the late 70s whilst as an army cadet, and it was a 303 rifle,.

Although I don't have to explain myself, I'm not the one making bold claims that Manchester is more dangerous than 98% of the US, am I.

Here are some figures to chew over mate.

In the United Kingdom, in the most recent year for which I have data (2011), the gun death rate from all causes was 0.23 per 100,000. That works out to about 145 in 2011.

In the United States, for the year 2014, the gun death rate from all causes was 10.54 per 100,000. That works out to 33,612 in 2014.

@ChicagoBlue is getting some undue shit on here, he lives in america if he wants a gun its his right. He seems very knowledgeable on guns and gun laws. Its not like he is some mad man(hes a blue not a rag) things are not going to change any time soon in america regarding guns so leave them to it

Dinner at the In Laws! I'll try to get back to questions/comments later. Cheers.

Btw, I do NOT want to be the face of guns in America. I agree with many of you. Unfortunately, it is not nearly as clear cut as many seem to think.

If we could go to zero ownership, except for law enforcement, I'd be in favor. But, first death due to illegal gun would create insurrection here!

I appreciate that position and I do understand that there are people who legitimately have a need for a firearm, especially in rural area's, and that there are plenty of responsible gun owners.
Zero ownership wouldn't even have to be implemented, just very strict access and stringent control and 100% traceability, thereby severely limiting the possibility of any weapon ending up where it shouldn't.
Currently none of those measures have been implemented or only half-arsed and the likelihood of legal weapons ending up on the black market is just too big, especially when you consider the sheer amount of arms in circulation. That's the problem that should be addressed.

Last edited:
Heated debate in Sky at the moment. I think the lady has very valid points. It's not about why the shooter did what he did, but why guns are readily available.

Jesus, just imagine how many would be dead if one of those nutters with 50 cal machine guns or world war 2 machine gun emplacements went on a rampage. No idea how you can argue that any civilian should have one of them, unless he is intending to defend the beaches of Normandy from the allied forces

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.