What is the best goal you have ever seen city score

First season ticket at Maine Road, think it was 76/77 we played Bristol City and won 2=1 with goals from Tueart and Barnes. I believe that (and this may be my memory playing tricks) Tueart put us in front and from the resulting re-start Barnes won the ball back in the centre circle, ran straight through the lot of them and scored again...........or did I dream it?

I remember that - although couldn't have said who it was against or when - one of so many goals that just disappeared into vague memory banks before mass tv coverage.

Maybe not the BEST ... but certainly memorable for the 14,000 supporters there .... go back to February 1964 against the mighty Bury ... 1-1 draw , City goal scorer the injured Harry Dowd.

yeah this for me. It was unreal.

Closely followed by Aguero vs Wigan, where Silva beat 3 players in one move, then Run gestured to the keeper to come off his line before slotting it past him. Still drool over that goal.
My favourite aswell, brought a tear to my eyes

Belive Billy Meridiths against Bolton in 1904 FA cup final was a cracker , but think you have to ask Ric as no one else is still alive who was there

I have a lot of love for any goals against the Scouse. I did not like them at all as a kid.

So all of White's 4 against them in 91-92 are great. His 2nd in the home game, the 'is it/isn't it' always gives me goosebumps reminding me of the atmosphere in the Kippax that night.

But his 2nd at Anfield that season was scandalous. 3.30 if you wanna skip to it.

Thank you - I only opened this thread to see if David White's second at the dippers was on there. I was stood on the kop that day and kept my gob shut. If my dipper mates who I'd been at school with had done the same I'd have been ok but liddle ssssidy scoring again upset them a bit :)

Nasri v mackems at wembley, sweetest struck shot I have ever seen, also eyal berkovic v Ipswich in cup at Portman rd, in cup under keegan I think??
What made it better was Ipswich had sent us down the year before and given us some stick for it. They hadn't liked it when we invaded the pitch v Birmingham the game before Ewood park and took a huge amount of joy sending us down the following season. Our boys taught them a brilliant lesson that night and we have never been close to being in the same division again. That was the pick of the lot...should never have been a corner though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.