Catalonian referendum

I've always suspected this to be one of the benefits of an EU Army, foreign soldiers deployed in foreign countries to eliminate the natives with less conscience.

Historically tried and tested, you won't go far wrong, oppression wise.

The local cops were put under control of madrid a couople of years ago to keep them in check, and those not are not being used for the clamp down.

Hence why the local fire services are protecting the people instead.

Anyway the king has made a speach that can only enflame the situation, the dick and cheeky twat talking about democratic rights when he only has power because of birthright.

Irony is strong in that one.

Suprised Catalan haven't looked into if Andalucia and the Basque region are still eager to go independant, both have strong independence movements and Spain would struggle to keep all three in check if they all pushed for it.

Also Aragon has a large catalan population, wonder how they see the situation.

The fucked up thing was this was only a referendum on the right to have an independemce vote, which if had polls show is about 50/50 stay /leave, so Spain have royaly fucked up by stoppimg a referendum.about having another referendum so violent and oppressively.

Last edited:
The fucked up thing was this was only a referendum on the right to have an independemce vote, which if had polls show is about 50/50 stay /leave, so Spain have royaly fucked up by stoppimg a referendum.about having another referendum so violent and oppressively.
I don't think that's right mate; this was the actual independence vote.

Question on the ballot paper: "Do you want Catalonia to become an independent state in the form of a republic?"

What is the role of the EU in trying to prevent any future bloodshed (more important than preventing any breakup surely)?

Looks like this could turn nasty and it would have a lot of implications for the landscape of Europe as a whole. I hope the Catalans and the Spanish can resolve the situation but it looks too far gone.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.