Catalonian referendum

they don't have one. Its a matter of internal Spanish policy and Policing - if Scotland had got a bit rowdy over their referendum result I don't think the EU wading in would be welcomed in the UK would it?
If the British police were battering peaceful women trying to vote I think you'd hear lots from the EMPs, EU-member governments and the EU itself. But IMO that's because they like to be quite opinionated when it's not mainland Europe that's acting up.

If the EU wants to be more than just an economic block then it should be trying to broker peaceful negotiations in any trouble spot within it's borders. And that should not include sending in police or armies, as by that time it's too late. But then again I lost faith in the EU to be a power for good a long time ago.

The Spanisgh government have fucked it up enormously. If they had just said that the ballot was unconstitutional and called on people who didn't want independence to boycott it, it would be easy to ignore it as it would not have reflected the view of the remainers. What they've managed to do is make independence a much more likely prospect by turning many against the Spanish regime.
This. Ridiculous posturing by the Spanish Government that can only make the situation worse. They should have just told people not to vote and ignore the illegal ballot. The result is that have inflamed the opinion of people who didn't care one way or the other.

So our feeder club Girona will be in a league of three with Barca and Espanyol?

Seriously (on a football forum) the effect on La Liga, and on Barca in particular, is just one example of the sort of "on the ground" reality that makes the idea of a declaration of independence without a legal agreement seem so fraught, even without the Spanish government reaction. I imagine tourists (Barcelona, Costa Brava) are already looking to cancel.

Buy popcorn.

giphy.gif

The only reason the corrupt Spanish government will not let the catalans become independent is one reason only, money. Most of what you buy n Spain is manufactured around Barcelona. It keeps the rest of the lazy feckers in jobs for family and the other lazy shites signing on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.