Shooting at Mandalay Bay Resort (Las Vegas)

My Mrs showed me this last night and the lyrics to Nellie the elephant which has similar lines.
The RW song was taken from his album Escapology, which was his first album released after he signed his whopping £80m deal with EMI. The album was written and recorded in LA.
It CANNOT be coincidence this.

A song about a bloke checking into a room on the 33rd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel with some kind of metaphorical psychopath ("Hoping my monkey don't point that gun at anyone - When the monkey is high You do not stare" etc) and a gun, and make references to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (conjuring up images of the final scene with the two of them coming out all guns blazing)?

The nutter must have had this going around his twisted head and decided to act it out. OK the room was on the 32nd floor, but maybe they had no rooms on the 33rd. It's not as if it's the top floor. It's 2/3rd way up the hotel and pretty specific.

A song about a bloke checking into a room on the 33rd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel with some kind of metaphorical psychopath ("When the monkey is high You do not stare" etc) and a gun, and make references to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (conjuring up images of the final scene with the two of them coming out all guns blazing)?

The nutter must have had this going around his twisted head and decided to act it out. OK the room was on the 32nd floor, but maybe they had no rooms on the 33rd. It's not as if it's the top floor. It's 2/3rd way up the hotel and pretty specific.
line of sight I'm guessing

line of sight I'm guessing
I'm not.

A song about a psychopath with a gun on the 33rd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel, and "trying to understand what he's done". And you think it's coincidence?

I think he wanted a room on the 33rd, and the 32nd was as close as he could get. It will be interesting to see what comes out of the investigation.

the problems with trying to ban guns in America is imo the law abiding citizens would go to the police station hand in their weapons and then get shot by the criminals , because the criminals wouldn't hand their weapons in would they ?,

i don't know about anybody else but i have a short bat in the house ,but a bat would be no good if the criminal has a gun ,so in America id buy a gun, catch 22

the problems with trying to ban guns in America is imo the law abiding citizens would go to the police station hand in their weapons and then get shot by the criminals , because the criminals wouldn't hand their weapons in would they ?,
Yeah. That happened in Australia....

A song about a bloke checking into a room on the 33rd floor of the Mandalay Bay Hotel with some kind of metaphorical psychopath ("Hoping my monkey don't point that gun at anyone - When the monkey is high You do not stare" etc) and a gun, and make references to Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (conjuring up images of the final scene with the two of them coming out all guns blazing)?

I'd wager 64 year old yank had never heard of Robbie Williams. Strange coincidence IMO.

But still takes thousands of weapons out of the reach of those criminals, nobody anywhere has any reason to have a gun at home.

Outright banning of all guns in the US is never going to happen, and would be a waste of time anyway. You cannot take 300m guns out of circulation and not leave loads of them in the hands of nutters and criminals.

The other point is, there is no way the US with the most relaxed gun laws and the strongest gun lobby on the planet, could go from where they are to an outright ban on all guns. There's just no way that could ever happen. Apart from anything else, they allow hunting for which you need a rifle and pistol shooting at a gun club is deemed acceptable in many countries.

So the very MOST that could happen would be some restriction on the type of weapons (a ban on automatic weapons perhaps?) and more strict checks and licensing. Even that is a stretch. And if they were to implement that, it would make bugger all difference to peoples' safety. A nutter with a couple of pistols could still walk into a school and shoot 20 school kids. It would not solve the problem.

So the Americans are stuck with this for the foreseeable future. To eradicate it would take a multi-generation program of progressive tightening of gun laws, until finally in perhaps 30 or 40 years they could get rid of them completely. There seems no political will to make this happen.

I'd wager 64 year old yank had never heard of Robbie Williams. Strange coincidence IMO.
I am not one for conspiracy theories at all, and I do believe in strange coincidences.

But this is just too much, imo. Williams could have named any hotel in Vegas. The Mandalay Bay is hardly the most iconic. And it could have been any floor.

No, a psychopath with a gun on the 33rd floor of the Mandalay Bay, is too much of a coincidence.

I am not one for conspiracy theories at all, and I do believe in strange coincidences.

But this is just too much, imo. Williams could have named any hotel in Vegas. The Mandalay Bay is hardly the most iconic. And it could have been any floor.

No, a psychopath with a gun on the 33rd floor of the Mandalay Bay, is too much of a coincidence.
I can't tell if you're serious or not, but I'm going to bite anyway.

I'm guessing he was more bothered about it directly overlooking a crowd of 25,000 people than the fact that it once got mentioned by a British popstar on an album 16 years ago. Plus, the Mandalay Bay was his second choice; he had tried to book a room at the Ogden overlooking another concert in the downtown area a few weeks ago. Maybe he was a big fan of Coronation Street as well as Robbie.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.