Slowest ever City player

ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif
You’re just following me around this week, yeah?
giphy.gif

Gary Megson was a slow mover... but his pointing was really quick, never seen pointing in different directions so quickly.

I based the end of my playing days in his style

Wasn't that the German left back Michael Frontzeck who could open tins with his left foot. I remember his debut against QPR, he was immense and knocked the fuck out of Mark Hately. I remember thinking we'd pulled a blinder signing a German full international for nothing, but sadly it wasn't to be.

My season ticket was in Platt Lane that season and my mate who gave me a lift was in the North Stand so I used to watch the last few minutes from the top of the steps and then leg it round to meet him. I started to notice that Frontzeck would be substituted midway through the second half and by the time I'd be walking past the main entrance he'd be showered, changed and stood there waiting to get in a taxi. Does anyone else remember this, because I always thought it was a bit strange that he was allowed to fuck off straight after the game before Alan Ball had given his inspirational post match team talk.
No it was definitely Alfons who according to Peter Reid could perform this act.

I was reading the thread title Ricky Holden immediately came to mind.
After reading all the other suggestions he still gets my vote, his impression of a one legged tortoise will never be bettered.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.