Talksport

Dont listen!
There is a gap in the market for a rival station with good presenters with no agenda to push, you could even have rival fans discussing games. Anything..and i mean anything is better than talksport. Its been about 12 months since i listened and i feel cleansed.
I've thought this for a while, internet based football station, in fact you could take content just by curating existing podcasts, then add specific match day like the following

Dont listen!
There is a gap in the market for a rival station with good presenters with no agenda to push, you could even have rival fans discussing games. Anything..and i mean anything is better than talksport. Its been about 12 months since i listened and i feel cleansed.
BBC 5 Live Sports Extra should be that station.

Well we already knew that, from his stint as our manager.

It's unbelievable that so many ex-professionals who've fallen flat on their faces as managers are given so much air time.
It's one thing as an ex-pro to comment on player performances, but when you've failed at management (Shearer, Keane, Neville and Guillit spring to mind) I think they've got a bit of a nerve questioning Pep managerial credentials.

Last season Pep was hammered for sticking to his football principals, with such tactical geniuses as Neil Warnock having the ordasity to put the boot in on Talk Shite. Who is he to give an opinion on a manager who has won numerous domestic titles, cups and the Champions League twice. Warnock operates at entire different level with his long ball hoof and rush tactics, which pretty much ensured that he'd never get a big gig in football. I don't ever remember picking the paper up and seeing the likes of him or Pearce being linked with the Real Madrid or Bayern Munich job.

There constant sniping and sly digs made by these knob heads are comparable to say Amir Khan pulling Muhammed Ali's boxing technique and abilities to pieces or Joey Essex questioning the theories of Stephen Hawking. It's ridiculous and shows they've absolutely no self respect as they are brought on to spout this shit, despite the fact they are nowhere near qualified to do so.

I can't listen to it anymore, as like many on here it infuriates me as to how biased they are, but hopefully we will start winning honours and we can sit back and enjoy watching them squirm as we fill the trophy cabinet.

People say there is a gap in the market and I agree there is, or at least should be. However all these pundits do the rounds on various stations - so either they have it all boxed off or there are no others willing to do it

Sutton - BT, 5Live and BBC TV
Jenas - the same
Savage - the same
Parlour - Sky, TalkSPORT
Pearce - the same

I could go on

Maybe the good pundits like lampard don't want to work with all the crap ones and don't want to read out a script,the ones employed are desperate for the money and to be seen as relevant still that they will repeat what they are told,lets face it the ones telling pep what he should be doing are a piece of shit on his shoe,if i was an honest football person i would give punditry a wide birth and keep my self respect

People say there is a gap in the market and I agree there is, or at least should be. However all these pundits do the rounds on various stations - so either they have it all boxed off or there are no others willing to do it

Sutton - BT, 5Live and BBC TV
Jenas - the same
Savage - the same
Parlour - Sky, TalkSPORT
Pearce - the same

I could go on

Adrian Durham said the other day that being a good pundit isn't easy. Plenty have tried but just aren't suitable even though they were ex players and have a great knowledge of the game.
Not sure how pearce and Sutton keep getting gigs though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.