Crazy decisions of years gone by.

Keegan getting rid of Goater to bring in Fowler/Macmanaman, both of whom were utter rubbish.

Mate, like you I will never ever forget that vile banner which epitomises what that club is all about! In fact I am going to save it somewhere and whenever my attitude softens towards them bring it out. How the vermin who made and took that there every week didn't get slapped is beyond me.
I thought that banner was hilarious.
He they was telling us for years we meant nothing to them and ickle old citeh and all that yet there was that banner and all their songs was about us.
Strange lot them over the road are.

Selling Francis Lee before he led Derby County to the title.

Buying Rodney Marsh at the wrong time then selling him at the wrong time.

Selling Francis Lee before he led Derby County to the title.

Buying Rodney Marsh at the wrong time then selling him at the wrong time.

Yes the commentary on MOTD when he hit a screamer to win the game at Maine Road for Derby in 1974 of, " Look at his face....... just look at his face!" .............will never be forgotten.

For some reason at the time I had no idea we'd signed Barry Conlon and to be honest I had no idea who he was and I'd never heard of him. I remember him coming on as a sub, possibly against Swindon when we were hammering them and even though he was a young lad, he looked about forty. He was running around like a headless chicken and it was as if he been written to Jim'll Fix It ( Prior to knowing he was a sick perverted fucker) and they arranged for him to play.

Ha! I remember it was towards the start of the 97/98 season so the agony hadnt truly set in - and Maine Road was in silly season...when he strode out to come on as sub almost to a man the crowd audibly said 'who the f*ck is he?'. Then every time he touched the ball the crowd went wild as if it was a galactico we were watching. I do still wonder if at the time he realised it was tongue in check or whether he genuinely thought we thought we had spotted the next white, bald Pele.

To be fair to Bazza he had a decent lower league career after, especially at Darlo.

Swapping Paul Walsh and handing over money for Gerry Creaney an utter shambolic decision. At the time him and Rosler has a nice little partnership blossoming and we ended up with a fat turd and significantly out of pocket.

Ha! I remember it was towards the start of the 97/98 season so the agony hadnt truly set in - and Maine Road was in silly season...when he strode out to come on as sub almost to a man the crowd audibly said 'who the f*ck is he?'. Then every time he touched the ball the crowd went wild as if it was a galactico we were watching. I do still wonder if at the time he realised it was tongue in check or whether he genuinely thought we thought we had spotted the next white, bald Pele.

To be fair to Bazza he had a decent lower league career after, especially at Darlo.

We didn't pay much for Bazza and he was a legend in the lower leagues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.