"Smart" homes

Apologies but a light is for when its fucking dark and i need to see and not some excuse to spend hundreds on a few bulbs that can change fucking colour when i shout at some box!

.............and breathe................

Apologies but a light is for when its fucking dark and i need to see and not some excuse to spend hundreds on a few bulbs that can change fucking colour when i shout at some box!

.............and breathe................
You're missing out on optimising your home lighting based on different colour temperature of white. As an example you have the bedroom set to fade in daylight (about 6000K) when your alarm goes off. Whilst at night you would have the lights set at a nice and cosy warm white (about 2000K) ;-)

I'm in security, until they sort internet security out, stay well away. All your appliances will be hacked, passwords security settings all taken to get into your bank account.

You're missing out on optimising your home lighting based on different colour temperature of white. As an example you have the bedroom set to fade in daylight (about 6000K) when your alarm goes off. Whilst at night you would have the lights set at a nice and cosy warm white (about 2000K) ;-)

In all seriousness they are absolutely fantastic and i'm seriously looking at the Phillips hue system for the house although at those prices it will be one room at a time lol.

I'm in security, until they sort internet security out, stay well away. All your appliances will be hacked, passwords security settings all taken to get into your bank account.

Good news after paying so much for a light bulb you have fuck all left to rob anyway ;-)

Yep. My noisy neighbours haven't a clue why their music steaming gets interrupted when it's loud. They could solve it by playing a cd but it's too old school for them.

What happens if there are two people in the room who get up an hour apart? Can it do this daylight fade in just half the room? Do I also need special curtains to block out the natural fading daylight from the digital fading daylight?

;)

In all seriousness they are absolutely fantastic and i'm seriously looking at the Phillips hue system for the house although at those prices it will be one room at a time lol.
Stop looking at them and start looking at the lifx bulbs, they are brighter throughout the white range (lifx around the 75 watts and the hue around 45 watts) and the colours are far superior as is the app. No reason you couldn't order both from amazon and send the one you don't like back.

I recorded the palace match on my pvr in Toronto when I was sitting in a bar in Porto.
Other than my nest thermostat, that's about as smart as my house gets.
I have a smart t.v but I don't know what's smart about it. It just shows the football like my other t.v used to.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.