Liam Gallagher - As you were

Matter of taste and I make no claims for my taste: I love Kiss and Motley Crue. However, I am sat here surrounded by over 2,500 albums so I very confident in my appreciation of music.

How the singer sounds is important to me. I'd much rather listen to Liam. I wouldn't know if I'd even heard the songs you refer to and I'm not interested to. I've got a Smiths compilation because I love the guitar on one track but generally they are not my thing. I definitely prefer New Order to the Smiths but when it comes to MCR bands, it's Oasis and then The Roses for me.

I am not really into Guitar music anymore mate. Was bang into Oasis when they were about but have always been more into the electronic stuff (New Order and Depeche Mode).

Them Morrissey tunes are timeless classics that still get played 20 years after they came out. I think people are getting a bit carried away with this Liam album because it better than most people expected. Yet there are no timeless classic tunes on it. It is not an album people will be going back to 20 years from now and calling it a stone cold classic.

It's nice to have him back as he is a character. The album is better than I thought it would be and it was a pleasant listen yesterday. Yet I still went back to my Hot Chip albums after it finished and have had no inclination of putting it back on.
I would like to see him live again just for old times sake. I seen him at Glasto this year but the sound is shocking at the other stage and it did not do him justice.

I think there's a bit of giddiness cos his voice sounds better than it has done for ages.

But 9/10? C'mon lads. It's steady away at best.

Let's have it right. Oasis were some average 90's songs elevated by an amazing voice. The voice isn't what it was, but it sounds good again, and he comes across pretty genuine so it's good to see him back in favour for a couple of months.

I find Noels singing very boring.

I'd pay £80 to watch Liam live, I've never attempted to watch NGHFB once.

Guess it's a personal opinion but I fucking love this album, his singing is back and he's written some crackers.
You have missed out then mate, HFB are a great live act. Very good material including some Oasis lesser known classics, musicianship is spectacular, lightshow v good. Noel holds a tune too. Even a beer fight going on for most the set - haven't seen that in years (it was Glasgow mind).

It's nice that the muso's are here to tell us It's not actually a good album. Thanks I'll have to stop listening to it now.

Australian rock n roll, that's fucking hilarious.

The album is mint, better than anything Noel has done since he went solo.

Paper Crown

Best thing to happen was Oasis splitting up - now bombarded by both Gallaghers doing separate music. Love it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.