Full Backs?

All very well saying "Delphinho" - and he's done really well - but how long before his next injury absence? We need to take stock at the end of the year.

I agree. He's been very impressive far exceeding my expectations but not sure if he can play consistently great football, even if he stays fit. Think Martin or Ghoulam would make the most sense for January.

England U21 #3 left back, I think his name is Walker.

He was confident, fast, strong & skilful.

there are a lot of names on here that can all do a good job, but we have a first choice player, he might be out for the season but what happens when he returns ,it is all very well having two first choices but that rarely works and causes disharmony in the squad.
Delph will probably not stay fit and no one else at the club can do a good enough job, I would buy Henry cheap english not cup tied fast as lightning and regarded as the next Ashley Cole he is good enough to take the position off Delph but not experienced to take it off Mendy, a player for the future that we could do with now, Sessengnon could do the job as well but long term i think Henry is going to be the better player

Can Lucas Hernandez also play left back? We were strongly linked with him in the summer until Atletico lost their appeal. I wonder if we will kill two birds with this signing, once their ban is lifted.

What kind of back do we want? Do we want a back that is say mainly focussed to defense and only booms up sporadicly when there is room in front of him, or do we need one that has a fair amount of technical abbilety to beat his opponent by dribbling too, possibly compromising on his defensive abbilety for that?

Besides that, do we want experienced players regardless of age, or young talented ones that might require some growth still?

Last edited:
City Watch‏Verified account @City_Watch 30m30 minutes ago
Manchester City have made Napoli and Algeria left-back Faouzi Ghoulam (26) a priority for the January transfer window. [Le Buteur]
That is a perfect transfer if there ever was one. Will be very familiar with the style of football Pep demands. Is strong, tall, good in the air & has one of the best crosses in Serie A. In his prime & a good age as well, not to mention relatively cheap. Also comfortable playing as a WB in a three at the back formation.

This season he also already has 4 assists & 2 goals in 11 apps (Serie A & CL). Averaging 3 key passes per game. Last season he had 10 assists in 38 apps (Serie A & CL). Averaged just over 2 key passes per game (Mendy level)

More importantly, he’s also only been injured three different times in his career for a total of 37 days out. He was out for 25 days because of a forearm fracture btw. So at least he hasn’t been seriously injured in his ankle, hamstring, etc. yet

Buy him.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.