Gabriel Jesus - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching the rapport (both sporting and personally) he has with Neymar, especially what was on show in their match against Chile, has me a little worried.

Especially with the rumours that PSG want to ship out Cavani.
Ha. Not a chance in hell.

Watching the rapport (both sporting and personally) he has with Neymar, especially what was on show in their match against Chile, has me a little worried.

Especially with the rumours that PSG want to ship out Cavani.

Not that I would want him, but there is more chance of Neymar coming to us then Jesus leaving for PSG.

Not that I would want him, but there is more chance of Neymar coming to us then Jesus leaving for PSG.
Barca fans probably thought along those lines too! We need to get Jesus on an improved contract before the end of the season imo. So that when PSG wave £350k a week in front of him, it's not quite as persuasive as it could be.

Why do you say that?
Several reasons:

• They were already good mates when Neymar was at Barca and Barca wanted to sign him (matching tattoos), he still chose City over Barca.
  • City would not sell to PSG (Qatar and Abu Dhabi political row).
  • He's getting game time and about to get a big wage increase at City anyway, playing in a better league.
  • PSG couldn't afford him this coming summer as all their transfer spending is going on Mbappe (hence loan with guaranteed purchase next summer as they couldn't afford him and stay within FFP in this accounting period).
  • City have never sold a player they wanted to keep since the takeover.

Barca fans probably thought along those lines too! We need to get Jesus on an improved contract before the end of the season imo. So that when PSG wave £350k a week in front of him, it's not quite as persuasive as it could be.
There's a reason that Barca couldn't stop the deal with Neymar (in that all Spanish clubs have to insert buy-out fees). Once PSG met that then Barca were powerless.

The reason Barca couldn't bully Liverpool is because English clubs don't have the same rule in place so Liverpool were at liberty to keep saying no.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.