United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate the rags as much as anyone and I especially hate things like "the class of 92" that panders towards their red audience but if we look at the story of charlton without our blue tinted glasses you can probably understand why it is a pretty special footballing story. For him to have survived a plane crash in which a lot of his close friends and colleagues perished to then go on to win everything at club level for that team and the World Cup for England. I totally understand why the English media would celebrate this given how much our country has been starved of success.

With me I'm just sick to bloody death of the rags being constantly on our screens. I've no problems with the Tout being heralded in such a fashion, but it just seems that in the last year or so that disgusting club have been on the fucking telly more times than the News.

Yeah, well said. I'd agree with everything you've said there, mate. Life moves on and it's easy looking back and judging people through the prism of contemporary norms. My gran used that term and she didn't have a racist bone in her body. She simply didn't posses the hate in her being that such a feeling requires.

Now you've made me feel guilty about posting it!

It's always depressing to hear someone you admire has said something like that. All I was thinking about was how I was at an England game at Euro 2004 and turned round and Hurst was sat directly behind me. Somewhat startled as you can imagine, but he was a gentleman that day - the one against Croatia where we thought we'd found someone really special in Rooney, and Hurst was glowing with praise - I was just eavesdropping of course.

The other thing about that was that Gerrard's brother was sat the other side of me. The tickets were corporate ones that I'd won as a prize, and all game his brother was on the phone to Chelsea's representatives about a move. So every time I hear that denial that he was ever even thinking of going I laugh - I heard it all.

Cheeky sod!! He was born in Ashton General hospital (now Tameside hospital), the same as I was. His parents lived in Denton at the time, so I understand, so he's a Denton lad, not an Ashtonian like I am.
He lived on stockport road Denton, just before you get to the Fletchers pub. A lot of the city players used to go in there in the early 70s the landlord was David Niven city director I think, all the rooms in the pub were city themed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.