United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good old Geoff...

Even back in 1990, that was unbelievable.

Still happening now.

Anne Marie Morris
In July 2017, the phrase was again used by a British Conservative Party politician, Anne Marie Morris, who said that Brexit without a deal with the European Union was the "real ****** in the woodpile". With her job on the line she later apologised, saying "The comment was totally unintentional. I apologise unreservedly for any offence caused."[11][12][13] She was suspended the same day, however, by the party's Chief Whip, on the orders of party leader, the Prime Minister Theresa May.[14]

I had to turn off at 1 min 6 seconds as I cringed too hard. I know we are now 27 years on From that and it’s different times etc but that was appalling.
27 years ago doesn't matter, there is still plenty of racism in football now

SLY Sports just going to a break with - " coming up an interview with Jose Mourinho on how his two new acquisitions Matic and Lukaku have rocketed to the top in the Premier League..." - second from top surely? And there is supposed to be no agenda
Both of whom he previously let go from Chelsea presumably because he didn’t rate them enough?

Good old Geoff...

Even back in 1990, that was unbelievable.

What makes me chuckle is that he just casually slips it in to conversation without batting an eyelid, with Crooks and Wilson seemingly oblivious.If that was nowadays they'd have closed down the transmission immediately and Geoff would have been turned into public enemy number one.

Although it seems to be an old fashion saying I'd never heard of it before listening to that interview and googling it's meaning. That word has been frowned upon for a long time and lets be honest it's not phrase that easily rolls of the tongue. No wonder it was Garth and not Geoff who got the nod from the BBC to front the African Cup of Nations.

He lived on stockport road Denton, just before you get to the Fletchers pub. A lot of the city players used to go in there in the early 70s the landlord was David Niven city director I think, all the rooms in the pub were city themed

I didn't realise he was a director of City.

2eobmvm.jpg

Unless you mean Ian Niven who also owned the Royal Scot in Marple Bridge ;)

I didn't realise he was a director of City.

2eobmvm.jpg

Unless you mean Ian Niven who also owned the Royal Scot in Marple Bridge ;)
The one and only IAN Niven was the landlord of both. I used to go in the Fletchers (and then the Royal Scot) with friends, and became a great mate of his stepson Phil Booth who I still see in the pub before matches. Phil goes home and away following the blues, although he now lives in Hamble., but is up here with work most weeks, coincidentally when City are playing!.
Many were the times that City players were in the Fletchers, and many times were we "invited" to their rounds. Heady days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.