• Draw

Votes: 17 4.0%
  • Lose

Votes: 6 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone for a draw because we have all our south americans back late,also we are terribly slow and lethargic at home mostly in the first half,it takes a rocket at half time to get them going,our team has taken the biggest hit in terms of travelling,it smells like a draw to me

Not sure why some people are seeing their arse over 5 or 6 people predicting a defeat.

They currently account for 1.6% of the votes.

In the Sheikh Mansour era we've played 9 home Premier League games against Stoke, winning 7, drawing 1 and losing 1.

So post-takeover we have lost this fixture 11% of the time, yet only 1.6% think we'll lose this time. Factoring in the team being much better now than in 2008, I'd say that's a fair percentage, though perhaps still on the low side... The bookies think we have a 6% probability of losing the game (generally, Stoke are at 16/1 to win).

The bookies also rate us as having anywhere between an 86% and 89% chance of winning (odds are generally between 1/6 and 1/8), yet 94% of the forum has gone for a win (obviously higher since we have a City bias).

So what's the big deal?

Great post. I think we will win but you can't rule out the possibility that they can get a draw or a shock win.
Some people may feel that after the break our performance level may drop and you can't ignore the Hughes factor either.
I go for 3-1 City.

I've gone for a draw because we have all our south americans back late,also we are terribly slow and lethargic at home mostly in the first half,it takes a rocket at half time to get them going,our team has taken the biggest hit in terms of travelling,it smells like a draw to me
Though I've gone for a win, I tend to agree with you. And, of late, it does seem like we tend to need the 'wrath of Pep' to get them stoked up at half time! (see what I did there ;0) )

I agree with this. I think Bernardo is made for European matches at the minute while he adapts to the premier league. Gubdogan has looked sharp since he has returned.

I keep saying this but if we go in to the game with real purpose and a good tempo then we will win the match regardless of dodgy refs and moments of misfortune. If we go on to the pitch thinking the game is already won then we will struggle.

It's different this season given we have much more competition so everyone is eager to impress leading to better performance and less of this "game is already won" mentality.

So happy to see everyone back healthy. Looking forward to the next two games, Napoli especially, going to be a great match.

Not quick enough for me. We need to win first and foremost and I suspect Jesus will be up for it
Jamie Jackson reckons he will have a late fitness test. I think if Aguero is fit he will start as we have Napoli on Tuesday and Jesus has had a lot of games plus travel.

We are going to win and win well. This City is a different beast to last year. Pep's got this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.