Kaka to City article

What really fascinated me was the amount of wazzocks who had quite a bit to say about the proposed transfer, especially that well known neutral man united season ticket holder the one and only chairman of the PFA his majesty mr Gordon Taylor, he stated our proposed purchase of kaka would push smaller clubs into crisis, at the time he was quite scathing with Ferguson’s hand up his back working the dummy we had our favourite leg breaker Wigan piers one and only dave I played at Wembley once whelan, his statement was really articulate ( kaka City want to buy kaka hundred bloody million bloody stupid ) got to give dave that he’s got finesse

I made a mistake in my post. While I made that message about Bridge while looking up the names from 2009 January window. I had written the Bridge played for a season and a half and was mediocre at best. Then when I realized that Bellamy had the same time frame, I just added him not thinking about the after statement of mediocrity.

To be honest though, I never rated Bellamy as highly as others did. I view him similarly to Nasri in that he was skilled but there was always something missing that I couldn't put my finger on.

He was missing a decent tackle against Spurs around May 2010

And we had a great song for him
The petrol money one? (Every time Rags filled up it put money in the club coffers)

Well you've come all this far
Just to see our new star
So now fill up your car
For Kaka.

Some of these replies are funny as fuck. Bottled it references are boring and predictable though.

So basically we are complaining about him not wanting to join us at that point. Don't fucking blame him under Hughes and it would have been a big risk coming and playing with some absolute shite players. Didn't he go Madrid afterwards? Put his career before money, oh what a bastard. How amateur of us to just throw a silly big daft bid in for a player without even having an inkling if they are interested. Seems these days we get everything tied up with a player first then bid after.

Personally don't think he would have been great over here, he didn't exactly work wonders at Real, when he joined them, did he? Maybe my memory is not so good on that.

Great player, but not really sure he'd have cut it in the Premier League.

I think he'd had an injury and his fitness went off a cliff, never really got back that burst of pace which made him so devastating. In hindsight it was an expensive bullet dodged

Some of these replies are funny as fuck. Bottled it references are boring and predictable though.

So basically we are complaining about him not wanting to join us at that point. Don't fucking blame him under Hughes and it would have been a big risk coming and playing with some absolute shite players. Didn't he go Madrid afterwards? Put his career before money, oh what a bastard. How amateur of us to just throw a silly big daft bid in for a player without even having an inkling if they are interested. Seems these days we get everything tied up with a player first then bid after.

Agree with most of your post but I beg to differ on this bit - as outrageous as the mooted figures were, I think it's clear that Kaka was sounded out by the club and he was receptive to the move. No way would it have got as far down the line as it did if he wasn't in any way interested. I'm guessing here but I reckon negotiations with Milan and Kaka had been going on for weeks in the background before the ensuing media frenzy.

That said, I stand by my earlier point that in hindsight I feel it was the wrong move for the club (and Kaka himself of course) at the time. I was pretty gutted when it fell through but we've developed as a club so much since - whereas Milan have regressed a hell of a lot during the same period - that I've long since gotten over it. As he says himself, it would be a much easier decision for him to make if it was present-day City making a move for him.

I think Kaka’s account is the accurate one and I was always under the impression that personal terms, etc, had been agreed and it was just up to him to give the green light.

The impressiom I get is that he was well up for coming to us but there were so many things for him to consider and I refuse to criticise him for staying at Milan as a result. The fans gathering en masse outside his apartment pleading with him not to go is what swung it IMO, and it’s interesting to note that when Milan sold him to Real that summer they waited until Kaka was away in South America on international duty before striking the deal. That killed any chance of the fans staging a repeat performance outside his gaff.

Can’t deny that I was disappointed at the time but in hindsight, and regardless of how his career has gone since, I think it was the wrong time for the club to try and make such a signing.

This saga continues to influence our transfers to this day. We made a big deal of it in the media at the time as Cook was convinced it would happen and it was the statement signing the club wanted. I don't doubt the account or Kaka's indecision it could well of happened. I think the club took it hard when it didn't - a big set back where I genuinely think they thought that we would have a world class 11 within 2 years. Ever since there has been a noticeable tightening of media coverage of our transfers, Bernardo Silva anyone? The impact of Kaka was and remains a slowdown and quietening down of transfer activity. We quietly sound out what we can do and we look to do it decisively and early. That and the Tevez debacle that put an end to singing nutters email the deals that shape the way we evolve as a squad.

I'm glad he didn't sign.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.