City v Stoke post match

We’d have scored even more goals if Pep had worn a suit. #collymore

Miffed we didn’t get 8
Or 9; that's the other number I'm missing.
No point commenting on the game as all the positives have been done to death, justifiably. The only negative is having to jump up and down going bug-shit seven times as my knees are knackered.
MCFC ruining knees since 2008.
And it was great to see Yaya getting a run out.

Well that was a bit special!
Stoke players just didn't know where to look as City danced round Stoke with wonderful passing and runs delivering 3 goals for Jesus, Sterling and Silva with KDB seemingly playing everywhere. Two bad misses and two good saves from Butland keep Stike away from a half time thrashing but then either side of half-time Stoke found a field of four leaf covers to pull it back to 3-2 with a wicked deflection just before half time and a deflected OG that went in off the post at the start of the second. All this did though was kick over a hornets nest with City upping the pace and tempo and hunted down the Stoke defenders in packs. KDB disposed the centre half and he was off pulling an inch perfect pass behind the defence for Jesus to open up a two goal lead again and then Fernandinho scored a worrldie with a 25 yard strike into the top left hand corner off the underside of the bar. Then another break down the right and another pass behind the defence was buried by Sane.this time. Pep took our best players off and pretty much declared - though Ya ya stepped up a few years towards the end and put in Bernardo for the 7th.
This is some team and there are going to be some breathtaking results.
A good weekend for us as Utd finally played someone decent and parked the bus to get a point and Chelsea lost to Palace!

Their goals have helped Manchester City become the first top-flight team to score 29 times in their first eight league games of the season since Everton in 1894-95

We have form in coming close to a record and then blowing it, but apparently we got this one without anyone knowing it was coming.

I've thought of a negative from today. Who decided that Bournemouth should be shortened to BOR not BOU when they were giving the latest scores on the boards.

Well it bugged me anyway!

Love that quote from Merson,, " feel embarrassed that I didn't pay to watch that game today"!!
Sterling looked totally gutted and sounded it, Sweet!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.