City v Stoke post match

Never seen football played like that before. The passing, the awareness, the movement, the team ethic and the finishing. Simply Awesome.

I can tell things are going well because I don't greet every goal with the assumption that it'll be ruled out for offside.

My dad always says that the '77 team was better than the '68 one. We were just pipped by one point by a world class Liverpool.
No way was the 77 team better and although the League table showed 1 point the fact is Liverpool were on the bridle for the last few games. They knew they had won it and strangely enough played a game in hand on the Monday night which they lost when the League had been won on the Saturday. That was the last game of the season, truth is we never really challenged Liverpool, we were just a bit better than the others. The 68 team was class, had swagger, scored great goals and were the best team and won at Newcastle on the final day where if you believe the people who said they were there made our support number 50,000 on the day!!!

That was one of the best performances of any City team I've ever watched!

It's frightening for the rest of the league that this team will only get better and better over this and coming seasons whilst continuing to strengthen our defence during January and the next summer transfer windows, with even better defenders.

We should be the perfect Pep team very soon.

And to think I doubted that we could become a new version of Barcelona under Pep, how wrong I was.

If I was Pep I would seriously consider scrapping plans to sign Sanchez and invest elsewhere. This side has shown how completely unnecessary that would be now.

No way was the 77 team better and although the League table showed 1 point the fact is Liverpool were on the bridle for the last few games. They knew they had won it and strangely enough played a game in hand on the Monday night which they lost when the League had been won on the Saturday. That was the last game of the season, truth is we never really challenged Liverpool, we were just a bit better than the others. The 68 team was class, had swagger, scored great goals and were the best team and won at Newcastle on the final day where if you believe the people who said they were there made our support number 50,000 on the day!!!

I only started going regularly in 1972 so didn't see too much of the '68 team but my memory of the '77 team is that they should have won the league but neither team is on the level of this City team.

Someone mentioned a fight at a pub just after the game, there is a video of it now.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4686176/manchester-pub-brawl-fight-bouncers/

It was so soon after the final whistle this was either Stoke fan's who had left early and gone looking for trouble or rags.

What was our attendance today? I hate the moans about it but it looked thin in parts inside the ground and worse on the tv. I don't get it, we have something like 46k season ticket holders, a huge waiting list, it was a three o clock kick off, we are playing fantasy football yet still empty spaces it is bloody baffling and annoying!

Holland and Belgium are in a national dispute over a principality. I don't know where exactly but the Dutch have it and Belgium are claiming it's rightfully theirs. The Dutch pri minister stated Belgium can have it if Holland can have Kevin de Bruyne. The sixth goal City scored was an assist from our Kev and I didn't know what he was aiming at until it arrived at a full pelt Sane pinging it in to the opposition's net. As well and fruitful our team are playing, Kev our humble hero is playing on another level and exceeding our already high standards which our other players are happy to try and match. We're brilliant. Pep's plan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.