Hours you work?

37 hours + 10 hours travel time . Consider my self lucky as never need to work overtime

EDF energy milking uk bill payers - rail companies owned by various foreign nationalised railways - Dutch/German etc - all taking money out of our system and using it in their companies at home to keep costs down - why do you think they flock here to buy these things? Altruism?

Eh? What does this have to do with Scandinavia countries having better living conditions? Haha. Have I missed your point? Also don't really understand what you mean anyone re Dutch and German.

Contracted to work 37, but I basically have a job where the expectation is you work what’s needed to get the job done. Work in IT transition so it can mean doing an 80 hour week at busy big go lives to 25 hour weeks when quiet. Luckily it’s an environment and boss who lets us just get on with it so long as we deliver what he expects. Working from home as well so no commuting so get plenty of family time and doing things like school drop offs and pick ups.

37.5 hours but work 10 min drive away. 17.7k a year

I did have a job on 21k a year but it was over 40 miles away in Birkenhead and any extra money made was spent on fuel and car maintenance from clocking up 400+ miles a week and some days the commute ther and back would take over 3 hours.

So even tho I’m on 3k less it still feels like the same money and I don’t leave the house til gone 8.30am and home for 5.15. Much happier

37.5hrs, commute is 10 mins to the office, but I do most of my work on sites all over the UK, so a fair few stop outs. When I'm in the office my hours are 7:30 until 16:00 Monday to Friday. The job is a piece of piss, and 99% of the people I work with are a great bunch. Also get to see some great places, west coast of Scotland and outer Hebrides are amazing, do have to do London though which is an absolute shit hole of a place.

40 to 45 hrs + at least 1.5hrs per day travelling

(but 10 hrs of that is spent surfing the internet !!!)

Officially 36.75 hrs a week, 7pm-7am. 3 nights one week, 4 the other so is calculated as 36.75 hrs.
Easy compared to my wife . Works in Manchester, 8:30- 4:30. Leaves the house at 06:40, home for half 5, 6pm if lucky, 5 days a week.
Don't you just love commuting.....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.