Queues

The scanner beeped on my today for the 1st time ever - must have found some batteries.
He said "left pocket"
I just said it's my phone
Didn't ask to check. It could have been anything. Waste of time.

Let's get there a bit earlier. Let's understand that there are people out there who want to kill us. So let's just get on with it hey.

Let's get there a bit earlier. Let's understand that there are people out there who want to kill us. So let's just get on with it hey.

That's not the issue though is it just see the post above yours.
No one begrudge searches if they're carried out efficiently and thorougly. Like the poster above i regularly turn up with pockets full of battery chargers and wires and never had the Wands beeped, until a few weeks back when it did. I simply unzipped my pocket and showed him a phone, I could have had a stick of semtex in there but he took my word for it and waved me through.
I'm not an expert on terrorism but I very much doubt someone intent on getting In and blowing themselves and others up are going to be be fazed by some part time steward saying what's in your pockets then accepting whatever there told

No one begrudge searches if they're carried out efficiently and thorougly. Like the poster above i regularly turn up with pockets full of battery chargers and wires and never had the Wands beeped, until a few weeks back when it did. I simply unzipped my pocket and showed him a phone, I could have had a stick of semtex in there but he took my word for it and waved me through.
I'm not an expert on terrorism but I very much doubt someone intent on getting In and blowing themselves and others up are going to be be fazed by some part time steward saying what's in your pockets then accepting whatever there told

Absolutely - drives me mad.
Beep front pocket - 'its my wallet'...'thought it would be' ... no search
Told him keys in back pocket - 'ok turn around then son (artistic licence)... need to scan....beep beep...cheers..in you go then'...no search.

Whats the point if they don't do it properly

Had to take everything out of my pockets today at gate k. Guy in front even had his baseball cap examined.

You think these guys are just fools!
Well not really they are highly trained.you are being assessed whilst being covered by the wand.
City tattoos check, Gazelle trainers check,shark inflatable check, slight wiff of alcohol check.
The other thing is Terrorists don't like to queue. They get sweaty nervous. Not like the blues cool calm.
So if your coked-up,wear your cap on wrong way and have a beard down to your Belly.

You'll be ok!

You think these guys are just fools!
Well not really they are highly trained.you are being assessed whilst being covered by the wand.
City tattoos check, Gazelle trainers check,shark inflatable check, slight wiff of alcohol check.
The other thing is Terrorists don't like to queue. They get sweaty nervous. Not like the blues cool calm.
So if your coked-up,wear your cap on wrong way and have a beard down to your Belly.

You'll be ok!
Yeah, and a body warmer full of nails and ball bearings

There's a fence that runs around the Campus, why not just put the security check points there, so people get check there and not at the turnstiles. Lots of people go on to the Campus early without going into the stadium.
Because it would be too easy for an unarmed terrorist to get in and have his mate simply throw a device over the fence to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.