City v Stoke post match

Our Kev was so good that I even noticed stoke fans applauding him when he went off.

I noticed that too. Fair plays to them. Also to Mark Hughes who was very gracious in defeat. They had a few injury problems but he didnt use any excuses, he realised that we could have won against any team playing like we did yeaterday.

Tbf, Stoke were absolute garbage. The amount of time on the ball and space they allowed us was criminal. But we were awesome and 7-2 was extremely flattering for them
3-2 flattered them, but I didn't once think these are terrible. We just played great quick passing football and pressed them when we lost it. I was like watching barcelona at their best when they were at their most dangerous when they lose the ball upfield. Opposition try an break, we press, get the ball back upfield and their defenders are out of position and we kill them. I can't say Stoke stood off and did not compete. There were some pretty heavy challenges, and that farcical pull back on Sane where he nearly lost his shorts

Something that I think needs saying, in all the understandable excitement. Yes, people are getting hugely excited about Kev, and that’s only right (by the way, if he keeps up this level till the Christmas period, is he a possible for the Ballon d’Or? Doubtful, I think — you have to have won trophies, virtually always, and preferably the CL — but there’s an outside chance, and if it’s not this year, it’ll come, I believe…)
David Silva is going under the radar, but I see him playing with a joy and freedom that I haven’t seen since the 2013-14 season. I think what happened was approximately this. I’ve said before, our midfield was unreal that year. Yaya, Nasri and Merlin had this triangular thing going in midfield. They would just keep the ball between them, moving it up the field As they went,and then one or other of them would release that killer pass to Sergio, or Edin — or they would take a pop themselves, on seeing the whites of the keeper’s eyes – and that would be that.
What some of us didn’t realise at the time (I certainly didn’t) was that that was Yaya’s swansong. He had a final fireworks party that year, capped by a goal against Villa that I will remember to the end of my days, or the onset of Alzheimer’s, but although he may do useful things for us, he’s not going to get back up to that level, or near it, again. Also, Nasri, who is a greatly gifted footballer, just started to adopt a I couldn’t give much of a fuck attitude that, in the end, has done his career in. For the following two seasons, David was carrying much of the creative weight in midfield on his own. It was just too much.
With the guys he’s got round him now, he can just play his game, with carrying that crushing responsibity. And he is a player who truly loves to play with others. If there’s anything wrong with him, it is that he doesn’t have enough of an ego. But he just loves to seek out that player who’s in a better position than him (and sometimes, a player who is in fact in a worse one). Look at the joy he’s expressing in playing with Leroy. Ther’s something like man love going on there. And Kev takes the weight and responsibility beside him, and they know exactly how to share it out. Truly, it is something like a second wind for him, and I’m loving watching it. Just wanted to say that.

Something that I think needs saying, in all the understandable excitement. Yes, people are getting hugely excited about Kev, and that’s only right (by the way, if he keeps up this level till the Christmas period, is he a possible for the Ballon d’Or? Doubtful, I think — you have to have won trophies, virtually always, and preferably the CL — but there’s an outside chance, and if it’s not this year, it’ll come, I believe…)
David Silva is going under the radar, but I see him playing with a joy and freedom that I haven’t seen since the 2013-14 season. I think what happened was approximately this. I’ve said before, our midfield was unreal that year. Yaya, Nasri and Merlin had this triangular thing going in midfield. They would just keep the ball between them, moving it up the field As they went,and then one or other of them would release that killer pass to Sergio, or Edin — or they would take a pop themselves, on seeing the whites of the keeper’s eyes – and that would be that.
What some of us didn’t realise at the time (I certainly didn’t) was that that was Yaya’s swansong. He had a final fireworks party that year, capped by a goal against Villa that I will remember to the end of my days, or the onset of Alzheimer’s, but although he may do useful things for us, he’s not going to get back up to that level, or near it, again. Also, Nasri, who is a greatly gifted footballer, just started to adopt a I couldn’t give much of a fuck attitude that, in the end, has done his career in. For the following two seasons, David was carrying much of the creative weight in midfield on his own. It was just too much.
With the guys he’s got round him now, he can just play his game, with carrying that crushing responsibity. And he is a player who truly loves to play with others. If there’s anything wrong with him, it is that he doesn’t have enough of an ego. But he just loves to seek out that player who’s in a better position than him (and sometimes, a player who is in fact in a worse one). Look at the joy he’s expressing in playing with Leroy. Ther’s something like man love going on there. And Kev takes the weight and responsibility beside him, and they know exactly how to share it out. Truly, it is something like a second wind for him, and I’m loving watching it. Just wanted to say that.
+1
Good points.

3-2 flattered them, but I didn't once think these are terrible. We just played great quick passing football and pressed them when we lost it. I was like watching barcelona at their best when they were at their most dangerous when they lose the ball upfield. Opposition try an break, we press, get the ball back upfield and their defenders are out of position and we kill them. I can't say Stoke stood off and did not compete. There were some pretty heavy challenges, and that farcical pull back on Sane where he nearly lost his shorts

Yeah agree with everything you say about us. Very Barca-esque!! A joy to watch. In fact I’d go as far to say that if Messi was slotted into our team we would be better than any of the great Barca teams over the last 20 years. We were that good yesterday I’m pretty sure any team in the world would have left with zero points

But loads of time’s I found myself saying “come on City fuckin humiliate these.. they’re absolute garbage”. I don’t know, maybe we just made them look bad, maybe we’d have made any team look bad yesterday. Happy days!!!

I've been supporting City for 57 years, I have never,in all that time,witnessed the level of football I have been watching this season. Even our harshest critics are struggling to find anything to moan about and long may it continue.

When you can throw on subs like Gudonghan, Bernardo and Yaya and Aguero didn't even have to unzip his jacket it shows what power we have got. That must be demoralising for the opposition and it's going to get even worse if Sanchez rocks up in January.

The quality on our bench yesterday was staggering. I think there was > £200m worth of talent waiting to come on. The strength of depth we now have will serve us well over the season

But it's the relative size and importance of the game that makes the most impact. As well as how close it is at the end

With regards to people leaving, I think that’s about exactly the size of it. I noticed that virtually nobody left before the end of the game against the dippers. This one wasn’t seen as so crucial. It’s just the way it is. It is a bit of a shame, though.

Well said. Spanish Dave is the ultimate conductor of the orchestra. One of those rare players (ie not McManaman), where pointing to show team-mates where to pass it, is appropriate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.