Kevin De Bruyne - 2017/18 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking more and more like King Colin with every game that passes even his stamina which was questionable seems to have improved hugely. Making the game look insanely easy.

I watched the entire game and afterwards thought that KDB had a pretty good performance with some nice passes.

Then I watched MOTD - and wow! KDB had several amazing, match-changing passes. The replays and focus on big plays in MOTD really highlights just how amazing KDB is.

Hughes is correct - KDB is head and shoulders better than any other player in the P/L.

No your old comments was that he would drop to the bench as soon as Gundogan was healthy last year. And again this year when you said Bernardo would bench him. About how De Bruyne is not a ‘Pep’ player and he would be benched as soon as we get the perfect ‘Pep’ player in Bernardo.

It’s okay to admit that you’re wrong. It’s okay to do that.
Thankfully I was wrong. But assessing things that you see at the moment and making prognosis based on it works just like that. Not a big deal to make a mistake. Besides, there's still a lot of work for KdB to do to become a complete 8, don't think he's immune to further criticism.

I watched the entire game and afterwards thought that KDB had a pretty good performance with some nice passes.

Then I watched MOTD - and wow! KDB had several amazing, match-changing passes. The replays and focus on big plays in MOTD really highlights just how amazing KDB is.

Hughes is correct - KDB is head and shoulders better than any other player in the P/L.
I've just rewatched the goals and noticed that he's played his role even in Silva's goal, opening space for Delph-Jesus connection :)

Thankfully I was wrong. But assessing things that you see at the moment and making prognosis based on it works just like that. Not a big deal to make a mistake. Besides, there's still a lot of work for KdB to do to become a complete 8, don't think he's immune to further criticism.
Which is why you should consider that you could be wrong in the future as to not dismiss other people’s ideas so emphatically.

Oh and maybe, just maybe, Pep’s idea of a complete 8 and yours could be different. Just a thought ey.

Which is why you should consider that you could be wrong in the future as to not dismiss other people’s ideas so emphatically.

Oh and maybe, just maybe, Pep’s idea of a complete 8 and yours could be different. Just a thought ey.
Honestly, have no idea what you achieve by reminding me of it.
Do you remember all that people say and then run screaming 'I told you' every time someone gets eventually wrong? It's almost impossible to formulate a positive idea without a certain probability of mistake.

Ok, have a taste of your own medicine: you were arguing all summer that Gundogan is definitely going to be City's pivot midfielder despite Gundo's skillset, his use by former and current managers as 8/DLP and injury history.
When are you going to admit your mistake and lack of knowledge? Is that how a positive discussion should be handled?

Won't bother arguing with you anymore, it's simply not constructive.

Pep's quote about Kevins quality when he's playing with optimism is spot on. He's going to have a monster year this year and I'm absolutely sure of it. I think he's the best player in the league and you'll see the true KDB this season.

No, he doesn't run the game like Dave does but Dave's final ball is miles behind and ultimately that's more important I believe.

Picturing the anger and hatred with the media dopes begrudgingly voting for Kev over Kane for PFA POTY after the season.

I’m definitely sitting here with egg on my face at questioning Pep last year for dropping him deeper.

Can anyone fill me in on the differences between Bell and KDB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.