Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's your narrative. You know the reason they are getting pelters. It's nothing to do with the result, it's about the
turgid brand of football they played. No point is decent, 3 together is what should be aimed for ;-)

Yes I know why they are getting pelters but have been reliably informed on this forum we never get any credit for what we do and united could do no wrong and are protected by the media. How has that narrative gone this morning??

United are getting pelters for their turgid football I always thought they would others claimed they would never be criticised.

But yes three should be aimed for. Martin Samuel said it this morning.

Ducker, the Silly Ffffff, Northern Correspondent of the DT, was at the Etihad yesterday. Well, I assume he was there! He has written up the report of the game and in the first paragraph, the first fucking paragraph, he manages to get Ole Gunnar fucking Solskaer into the report. Jesus wept. I wonder if MANUre were to stuff Stoke 7-2 at The Swamp he'd manage to crow bar Dennis Tueart into his first paragraph. It really is beyond laughable.

I think we need to win CL before it changes
Cfc have had less crap from the media since winning the CL

I think we will get good and bad press even then and that will probably never change.

Also some of the criticisms we do get will need to be answered by deeds also. Producing our own players will
always be one until our academy starts producing players ready for the first team. Hopefully Foden and Diaz and others will end that critique.

Ducker, the Silly Ffffff, Northern Correspondent of the DT, was at the Etihad yesterday. Well, I assume he was there! He has written up the report of the game and in the first paragraph, the first fucking paragraph, he manages to get Ole Gunnar fucking Solskaer into the report. Jesus wept. I wonder if MANUre were to stuff Stoke 7-2 at The Swamp he'd manage to crow bar Dennis Tueart into his first paragraph. It really is beyond laughable.

Only you, and maybe bluemooner, would read that match report or todays press and take umbrage at that.

Only you, and maybe bluemooner, would read that match report or todays press and take umbrage at that.

First paragraph, Frank! It's scandalous. It's outrageous! And I just ask the question WHY? I do not recall any other report of recent times where a team has battered their opponents senseless to the plaudits of genuine football world and this tosser slips in a one-time bit player from the Rags or the team's local rivals. I have calmed down since I read the report this morning, but I am appalled!

I think we will get good and bad press even then and that will probably never change.

Also some of the criticisms we do get will need to be answered by deeds also. Producing our own players will
always be one until our academy starts producing players ready for the first team. Hopefully Foden and Diaz and others will end that critique.

The best teams in this country and europe will always need to buy world class players
Almost impossible to fill a top team with academy produced players and still compete/win trophies
1 or 2 academy players eventually in the team would be good
Barca academy started in 1985...it can take some time

First paragraph, Frank! It's scandalous. It's outrageous! And I just ask the question WHY? I do not recall any other report of recent times where a team has battered their opponents senseless to the plaudits of genuine football world and this tosser slips in a one-time bit player from the Rags or the team's local rivals. I have calmed down since I read the report this morning, but I am appalled!

First world problems my friend. There was an article on Liverpools leaky defence midweek and they shoehorned us being top and having a better defence. I almost wrote a letter :-)

So you do not think we have had any praise before today? Beyond ridiculous.

As is the notion that we are treated equitably in comparison to united, Liverpool, Spurs etc etc. For sure we don't receive exclusively negative press (and indeed the way we are playing at the moment it would be farcical if we weren't praised), and there are unquestionably journalists whose renown is such that they are unlikely to countenance much in the way of editorial interference. We all know who they are. Winter, Samuel, Holt, etc, and I have no real problem with Match of the Day's (as an example) regular pundits to be honest. Winter et al will come out with the odd brain-fart opinion, but by and large they're fair and intelligent. There are a great many more however, who are not. Hacks and pundits galore loyal to the old guard and with a vested interest in seeing us fail, and who can be relied upon to qualify any praise when it comes to City and to talk about us in a disrespectful manner that they would not dream of using when referencing the rags or the dippers. And of course encouraged to do so by publications funded largely by advertising revenues associated with their clickbait based raison d'etre.
I could give you literally dozens of examples, nay hundreds if I had the time and energy, and you know it, but I'll leave you with just one. BBC Five Live's hatchet job on our Academy, a one hour 'special' supposedly looking at youth football in Manchester in general, but in reality commissioned by the rags for the rags, with a guest list that included a rag hack (Ducker), a rag fanzine editor (Mitten) and a rag season ticket holder (Horrocks - boss of Fletcher Moss Rangers) deliberately passed off a neutral, the air thick with insinuation about immoral practices at City and St Bede's referenced again and again.
City aren't portrayed in exclusively negative terms. Much as I hate certain publications I'd still be prepared to accept the view that they still have a modicum of self-respect and a desire to be taken seriously, and as long as that is the case then some manner of balanced reporting will be forthcoming. When all's said and done this isn't North Korea. However, nor is the media an egalitarian body, and overall the bias against us is real IMO

Last edited:
The best teams in this country and europe will always need to buy world class players
Almost impossible to fill a top team with academy produced players and still compete/win trophies
1 or 2 academy players eventually in the team would be good
Barca academy started in 1985...it can take some time

No doubt about what your saying and nobody is expecting a team of academy players. Its the final piece in the jigsaw for me creating a production line from the academy to the first team. But it would break the perception we do not integrate young players what the press throws at us.

Why would somebody like Martin Samuel have to praise us through gritted teeth?

As pedantic and predictable as ever Frank.

Some might say you appear to be a tad paranoid about trying to prove there is no media bias. Still it's good to have a hobby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.