Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough Exeter but I cannot fully agree with you on the narrative of the Manchester Cold War documentary.

A lot of the main points in that documentary were made about both academies (if not all academies) and the chase for young players.

Jim Cassell as well as John Mcatees dad were also interviewed who narurally spoke highly of us and even the ex-utd academy manager Dave Laney admitted we have the competitive edge. James Ducker also defended the club highlighting the educational system on offer.

I agree it was not all positive but not all negative either. We did have a dad on talking about his sons experience at City which did not work out but rather highlighting it was a City failing he highlighted the pressures in young kids entering these development centres, which he never said was unique to city.

Whichever way you dress it up, they tried to pass Horrocks off as a neutral and gave him the most airtime, and he was the one coming out with the “immorality” shite, and St Bede’s was referenced constantly as though we were doing something wrong. I also enjoyed the debate 5 Live had the week before about City and allegations of media bias, when they invited along a journalist to rant about our (City fans’) collective delusional state, but neglected, without a trace of irony given that they were discussing bias, to have any input from City whatsoever!

To be honest I only respond to it. After a 7-2 victory, great comments in the press but still its mainly negatives being written.

Good comments in the press following a superb performance will not change peoples overall perceptions about the media.
I got the impression, maybe incorrectly, that you were suggesting that the positive reporting in some way supported your view the there is no media bias.
Obviously not every single media report will be biased against us but in general many certainly are. Positive items do not prove there is no agenda.

Each day I read the BBC gossip column. Most days it is negative City stories and positive United ones.

They usually show photos of the sports section back pages, typically 5 pages, for each newspaper, with BBC comments comments highlighting the football story. Eg. On Saturday morning:
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/41612945

5 pages, each with BBC comments highlighting either negative City stories or positive United stories.

This morning the BBC strangely only showed 2 back sports pages.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Although the paper headlines were unusually positive about us and negative about United. The BBC failed to make any comments about any football story today.

Some of the rag reporters in the BBC are hurting.

Wasn't even a booking but sky and the media turn innocent incidents into yellow/red retrospective bans.
To be honest if I hadn't just seen it in the paper I'd have completely forgot about it.

The stamping on his head incident would've been put on a loop had it been us. Balotelli springs to mind watching it.

Each day I read the BBC gossip column. Most days it is negative City stories and positive United ones.

They usually show photos of the sports section back pages, typically 5 pages, for each newspaper, with BBC comments comments highlighting the football story. Eg. On Saturday morning:
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/41612945

5 pages, each with BBC comments highlighting either negative City stories or positive United stories.

This morning the BBC strangely only showed 2 back sports pages.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/gossip

Although the paper headlines were unusually positive about us and negative about United. The BBC failed to make any comments about any football story today.

Some of the rag reporters in the BBC are hurting.
Just listened to 606. Not one mention of us. Nothing. Nada. Nish.
Yes we played yesterday but that hasn't stopped the phone ins discussing the previous days action before.
I find it really strange and incredibly weird that such established set ups as the BBC cannot find it in themselves to tell things like it is.
They can't wait to say utd are top if they get there, they can't wait to tell everyone they are joint top when they aren't there.
I'm a big fan of 606, love the banter and the fickleness of the fans ringing in but by God these rags running the place are embarrassing themselves at every given opportunity.

Just listened to 606. Not one mention of us. Nothing. Nada. Nish.
Yes we played yesterday but that hasn't stopped the phone ins discussing the previous days action before.
I find it really strange and incredibly weird that such established set ups as the BBC cannot find it in themselves to tell things like it is.
They can't wait to say utd are top if they get there, they can't wait to tell everyone they are joint top when they aren't there.
I'm a big fan of 606, love the banter and the fickleness of the fans ringing in but by God these rags running the place are embarrassing themselves at every given opportunity.
Compare that with talksport who for a change where fawning all over us with cundy taking the lead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.