Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha same time as 606,think it’s kick off cundy was gushing in his praise and said he was at Stamford bridge before the international break and the result flattered Chelsea ..
He is quite complementary about us to be honest, the plastic utd fan he presents the sports bar with isn't. He's an ex pro and speaks sense for a presenter on talksport. Tomorrow night should be fun with Chelsea getting beat and jose parking the bus.

The bias of the media creates the impression of our club for the majority of people.
I have spent most of today with a Spurs fan. He loves the way city are playing at the moment. BUT.

Why has Aguero been benched so much. Why is Sterling going to Arsenal, Why is our Stadium half full. Why is our defence so poor.Why does Sterling behave so badly why are we desperate to sell aguero????.
There are the questions he wanted answers to. I asked if he read the newspapers much.

He is quite complementary about us to be honest, the plastic utd fan he presents the sports bar with isn't. He's an ex pro and speaks sense for a presenter on talksport. Tomorrow night should be fun with Chelsea getting beat and jose parking the bus.
Keown was the same on motd extra on bbc 2 earlier today,again gushing in his praise while having digs at the gouger and the rags,said it’s sublime football as good as it gets and picking out kdb for special praise,went on to say that pep has so far (with it only being 8 games gone) put to bed the myth of having big physical strong players in the middle for premier league teams with us using kdb and silva..

The bias of the media creates the impression of our club for the majority of people.
I have spent most of today with a Spurs fan. He loves the way city are playing at the moment. BUT.

Why has Aguero been benched so much. Why is Sterling going to Arsenal, Why is our Stadium half full. Why is our defence so poor.Why does Sterling behave so badly why are we desperate to sell aguero????.
There are the questions he wanted answers to. I asked if he read the newspapers much.

journalists are fairly powerful people from an influencing point of view. Most people in the uk cant see past what they read. They have to write stories every day so they are looking for angles and ways in. We get the shit end of their stick but I've noticed in recent days, Klopp is getting a bit. "Is Klopp a Flop" - Klopp has less points than Rogers after same number of games, they even mentioned Rodgers getting sacked at this stage of the season when on the same points as Klopp. Last season Maureen got it when they were struggling "living in hotel" "hates Manchester" etc. Wenger too. Sky Wheel out the pundits - it's time from him to go etc etc..
The media is a money making machine and anyone on the gravy train is unlikely to buck the trend or they fall off it (sunmerbee springs to mind).

It's like the rhetoric about North Korea/US. Nuclear war this and that. If you look deeper, the South Korean stock market is up 30% this year. Would that have happened if Nuclear way was likely?

They have been gushing this weekend and rightly so but I'm sure their knives will be out again if we lose a match. I think Maureen, Conte and Wenger will be getting more this week.

Keown was the same on motd extra on bbc 2 earlier today,again gushing in his praise while having digs at the gouger and the rags,said it’s sublime football as good as it gets and picking out kdb for special praise,went on to say that pep has so far (with it only being 8 games gone) put to bed the myth of having big physical strong players in the middle for premier league teams with us using kdb and silva..
Yeah I had that on 5live earlier, was very positively about us but again it'd be impossible not to. With these stories surfacing about jose being unhappy and the pep stories getting positive reviews maybe just maybe the press are beginning to see the light.

Yeah I had that on 5live earlier, was very positively about us but again it'd be impossible not to. With these stories surfacing about jose being unhappy and the pep stories getting positive reviews maybe just maybe the press are beginning to see the light.
Yeah or until we lose a game,then the knives will be back out ..

Folks, let's not be pre-occupied with negative publicity, even if it is slightly narling.

The bottom line is this; exponentially, we are the fastest growing sports institution on the planet. We have owners who have put more in non-club Manchester based investment than they have spent buying and funding our rise to the top of English football....Which means they/we are here to stay. We will be there or there abouts at the top of European football for generations to come which also brings a level of saturation that, in effect, grows our club and will change the media perspective over-time.

I like the media bias, as they say, there's no such thing as bad publicity.

journalists are fairly powerful people from an influencing point of view. Most people in the uk cant see past what they read. They have to write stories every day so they are looking for angles and ways in. We get the shit end of their stick but I've noticed in recent days, Klopp is getting a bit. "Is Klopp a Flop" - Klopp has less points than Rogers after same number of games, they even mentioned Rodgers getting sacked at this stage of the season when on the same points as Klopp. Last season Maureen got it when they were struggling "living in hotel" "hates Manchester" etc. Wenger too. Sky Wheel out the pundits - it's time from him to go etc etc..
The media is a money making machine and anyone on the gravy train is unlikely to buck the trend or they fall off it (sunmerbee springs to mind).

It's like the rhetoric about North Korea/US. Nuclear war this and that. If you look deeper, the South Korean stock market is up 30% this year. Would that have happened if Nuclear way was likely?

They have been gushing this weekend and rightly so but I'm sure their knives will be out again if we lose a match. I think Maureen, Conte and Wenger will be getting more this week.

Very eloquently put and a point I was trying to make earlier.

We are rightly receiving the plaudits at the minute but as night follows day a few slip ups and the ‘dodgy defence’, ‘Pep underestimating the Prem’ etc will return.

Similarly the previous Swashbuckling United narrative has ended this weekend and his tactics are being questioned based on a arguably credible point at Anfield. Expect Spurs to have a good run and they will be getting plaudits for their ‘english core’ and then Liverpool for their commitment to attack.

The story has to change for the media as its a long season and they have to produce new angles, stories and sensationalise it to garner interest.

Its not unique to City and not even to football. North Korea has the worlds interest at the moment but arguably more noteworthy events are happening around the globe. It will spin around again be it the NHS, Brexit, Syria etc.

Brilliant. According to martin samuel they never had crossbars in those days so the ref would decide if it was low or not.

Martin Samuel was wrong on this point. He said at that time, without crossbars, goals were given that shouldn't have been. Solid crossbars were made compulsory in 1882. So Everton's goalscoring feat in 1893 wasn't inflated by a lack of crossbars (or even goals nets which were made compulsory in 1891).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.