United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
went to a carvery with her indoors and a woman in a rag shirt at the bar.heard her tell the bar man shes a huge fan of man u(her words) so bloke asks her does she go often she replies oh no but I watch every game on telly or on a stream guy just looked at me and rolled his eyes

2ib153d.jpg

This is my favourite redcafe post of the weekend-------------

'I know that it sounds a little odd. But I think that Jose doesn't want big wins early on. Especially at a place like Anfield so early in the season. I've seen Nev give interviews where they say that if United win at Anfield, then they believe they can go for the title.

Would Jose love a win at Anfield? Of course he would. But I don't think he wants the team to blow Liverpool away. He would want a scrappy 1-0 win or a draw, because that would keep the players grounded. Too often we see teams beat a big team away from home and lose the next game against smaller teams. That could be a reason why he set up defensively and conservatively, instead of playing more expansively against Liverpool.

Of course it could just be that Jose just does what he always does against big teams and parks the bus. But I think that if we won convincingly at Anfield, the team would become overconfident and believe that they were going to win the title. And at this point in time, its crucial that the players avoid this, because these players aren't Scholes, Giggs or Nev. They don't have the title-winning experience. They need to stay grounded, keep fighting as the underdog and whatever happens, happens.

Basically, at this moment in time, we need to win the league like 'Leceister', because our players don't yet have the experience to win the title like we used to. For the first half of the season, I think we need to keep grinding out victories, so the players stay grounded and to build up momentum so that when Feb and March come around, we can start blowing teams away for one final push for the title. The last thing we want is for the players to run out of steam by Feb and March, which is what Arsenal used to do when they were relevant, and what could happen to Man City.'

So that’s why, after - in the words of Radio Manchester yesterday - we destroyed Chelsea in our last match, we only put seven past the Clayheads?

So that’s why, after - in the words of Radio Manchester yesterday - we destroyed Chelsea in our last match, we only put seven past the Clayheads?

That's spot on. If Fraudiola knew how to win the league there's no way he would have beaten the champions in their own back yard.

I just checked the Premier League top scorers table. Imagine my surprise to find Rashford down at equal 24th with only 2 goals. Surely this can't be correct as I read an article last week by Rio Ferdinand comparing him with Mbappe?
By the way City have 4 in the top 10 (Aguero, Sterling, Jesus <all 6> and Sane, 4).
Also what I don't understand is that, according to most reports, Rashford (2 goals, 249 minutes per goal) is a fantastic young English talent, whereas Sterling (6 goals, 80 minutes per goal) is rubbish, and should take a leaf out of Rashford's book.
Am I missing something?
Yes you are, Sterling is a winger Rashford is a striker

They will get plenty of goals against Huddersfield just because Huddersfield don’t score a lot of goals Borinho will actually set out to attack them and probably win by 3 or 4 goals.
The thing is that if they're willing to play for a draw at Liverpool, how long is the list of teams they'd be happy with a draw against? Gone are the days when "title rivals" consisted of one other team and everyone else could expect a beating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.