Napoli (h) pre-match thread

City v Napoli prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had initially hoped Napoli would be in the same group as Liverpool. I would have liked to see a battle between both teams, who have a similar style imo. I'm not a fan of Klopp though, and even with a squad worth €100 million more in market value according to transfermarkt, i think Liverpool would get exposed against a side like Napoli. I think Napoli are smarter and more cunning than Liverpool, and have a better defense as well.

But barring an off-day for City, i don't think Napoli can win this. City has too much attacking force, and Napoli doesn't have someone like De Bruyne to dictate play.

I follow Mertens as much as i can (he's from the same city i'm from) and while he can be a bit nasty at times, i would never call him a "diving bastard". Sure, he's only 1.69m tall and weighs maybe 60kg (if that), so he just goes down easily in physical duels, and he will claim a foul when that happens (what attacker wouldn't), but that doesn't mean he dives on purpose without contact. I've also never seen/heard him being described as such.
He goes down to easy imo and there was no contact at all v roma to win a free kick on the edge of the box, it's a part of the game I dislike but one you have to put up with with most European teams

Looking forward to this.

Pep said that he is going to make it clear to our lads that Napoli are dangerous, and that we need to be on our toes. Having said that I welcome Napoli playing us at our own game, although I myself have severe doubts that they are likely to try that. A parked bus and a cagey affair will be more likely imo.

Looking forward to this.

Pep said that he is going to make it clear to our lads that Napoli are dangerous, and that we need to be on our toes. Having said that I welcome Napoli playing us at our own game, although I myself have severe doubts that they are likely to try that. A parked bus and a cagey affair will be more likely imo.

It’ll be a great game if they do attack us, but I’m with you on this.
I think we’ll win either way though.

How's this looking attendance wise? Going to the game, can't wait. Hope It's a cracker of an atmosphere.

My guess is that it will be around 47K (which is what we got for Shakhtar plus 2K to account for more way fans).

Edit: a quick look at the seat planner suggests my 47K estimate could be too high. But maybe sales will pick up today?

My guess is that it will be around 47K (which is what we got for Shakhtar plus 2K to account for more way fans).

Edit: a quick look at the seat planner suggests my 47K estimate could be too high. But maybe sales will pick up today?
There’s always a minor last day flush, especially when we are playing like we are. I think a win tonight is needed given our away leg in Napoli comes right before the Arsenal game so as little pressure on that as possible.

ederson
walker
stones
otamendi
delph
dinho
de bruyne
merlin
sane
sterling
jesus

surely the same team as Saturday for this one?

Team selection will be interesting. Surely we will start rotating soon.

How you can you leave any of these players out the way they are all playing though? I was certain Fernandinho would be rested for Gundogan on Saturday. No point in trying to guess the team anymore ha!

Also I'm going for 4-2 with a crowd of 43,000

Last edited:
I'm sure Pep has a plan for tomorrow night and if it works we'll win. No idea how adept tactically Napoli are. Their defence is clearly pretty good though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.