Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rashford is a Superstar, I know he doesn't play in the big games for United.
He is however a starter for England.Read any Newspaper or listen to Talkpot, watch Sky , he is a Superstar. I tried to explain his goalscoring record to a person yesterday, they said I was biased and that of course he was streets ahead of Sterling.
It is the media which presents this as truth, they construct our truth. Anyone who does not understand this, needs a short social science course.

Rashford is a Superstar, I know he doesn't play in the big games for United.
He is however a starter for England.Read any Newspaper or listen to Talkpot, watch Sky , he is a Superstar. I tried to explain his goalscoring record to a person yesterday, they said I was biased and that of course he was streets ahead of Sterling.
It is the media which presents this as truth, they construct our truth. Anyone who does not understand this, needs a short social science course.

We’ve heard it all before with the latest Utd wonder kid. To date not a single one has made the grade.
The fact they usually end up at Sunderland says it all!

ive just had talkshite on Barton was on said who hasnt bought the league maybe Leicester even went back to Arsenal spending big to win it

ive just had talkshite on Barton was on said who hasnt bought the league maybe Leicester even went back to Arsenal spending big to win it
Always bothers me, this. Pretty sure Leicester wasn't made up of a team of academy graduates - every player in that team was bought!

So, what it comes down to is that some people seem to have this arbitrary number in their head for how much a club can spend on players before they are deemed to have attempted to 'buy success'. Of course, if you ask these people how much that magic number is then they can never give you an answers because, as we know, it's really just a case of just trying to undermine and negate our success.

Also, you'll notice that the argument is never applied to clubs battling relegation; you never see a newly-promoted club being accused of 'buying safety' after spending money on new players to compete at their new level.

Last week he said Pep had spent 5 billion, this week it's 7 billion.

I find it bizarre that Barton mentions money. He was the one that gave the interview, when playing for us, about needing to buy better players to compete, not "Pontins League" standard or rubbish from the Belgian league
The week after that he had the bust up with Dabo

If he's going to mention that we've spent big money, he should at least point out that it's been used well in procuring fantastic players which is what his rant is about

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6580953.stm

Last edited:
Like the Balotelli one, he was roasted on endless repeat by the media.

balotelli_2116894b.jpg

And got a four match ban.

The trial of Mario"the great" began after the game and lasted a full half hour of replays..... most of our incidents were brought up- theirs totally ignored!!!!

Would you say we as a club get criticised more than Arsenal and Wenger?
The weekends results are equivalent of the government burying bad news on the same day as something more significant happening. Had Chelsea not lost to palace and that dire 90 minutes of non football at anfield, arsenal should be all over the red tops with their failure to see out a game at Watford. When we lose our first game this season there will be 4 extra sports pages in the paper or a centre page pullout of peps failings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.