United thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes it’s all a team can hope for is nicking a point by parking the bus.
But when you have spent 1/2 billion on your team that’s another matter altogether!
Rags call Pep a fraud, but I bet 100% of them would swap Maureen for him in a instant.

There's also the difference in how you present it.

I think Mancini went to Arsenal early on, and definitely went for a draw. When asked, he said something like "sometimes the other side are better than you", which summed the intent up better than some waffle about trying to get a break.

Maureen's comment about Liverpool not giving him an opening are annoying, what does he mean? Why was his game plan to wait for Liverpool to let them a score? Doesn't he know you have to force things like that to happen? Why does no one in his interviews ever call the rat out?

There's also the difference in how you present it.

I think Mancini went to Arsenal early on, and definitely went for a draw. When asked, he said something like "sometimes the other side are better than you", which summed the intent up better than some waffle about trying to get a break.
Correct. Then as soon as the team have got used to being a solid defensive unit,he released the shackles and wiped the floor with oppenents with attacking football
Howard Kendall,when we went to everton in his first match,bottom of ths league,went for a draw,and got it.raised confidence in the club..by the time we went to top of the league villa park,a few weeks later,we smashed them ,as ths confidence in the team was sky high,to the extent that going a goal down early on didnt faze us.....
Jose? After spending 100m on a superstar midfielder and 75m on a centre forward,showed what a true Coward he really is by parking the dirty red bus against a mid table side.
Pathetic.

If you work on the principle,and I do, that the rags were forced to bring peg in to try and rival our signing of Pep both in PR and football terms,and we see how things are going now,it’s barely surprising that he’s now making excuses and talking about leaving.
He’s described as a 'pragmatist’and a ‘tactical genius’ yet it seems his master tactic is to jump ship when the going gets tough.

I couldn’t agree more with your principle.

‘Manchester City dictating Rag policy’ .... tick fuckin tock!

Maureen's comment about Liverpool not giving him an opening are annoying, what does he mean? Why was his game plan to wait for Liverpool to let them a score? Doesn't he know you have to force things like that to happen? Why does no one in his interviews ever call the rat out?

And how Liverpool hadn't changed anything by taking three attacking players off and bringing three attacking players on, but not removing a midfielder or defender to go for it.

That the three players subbed were all involved in distant matches last week is fairly relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.