Our Improved Defence

Defence starts from the front. Our work rate and stealing the ball back high up the pitch is phenomenal and similar to the Barca of a few years ago. Just look at the change in KDB. Last season he would lose the ball and then just stroll back. This season he is winning the ball back quickly and then delivering that killer pass.
It's a team game and by god its working well at the moment. Long may it continue.

It helps that we have limited choice to select from with Vinnie's ongoing issues and Mangala is Caraboa Cup only by the looks. The defence has benefited from continuity and of course Ederson. Walker and in fairness Delph have been fantastic, interesting Jan transfer window ahead as regards LB. I wonder why we didn't loan Tosin as he looks as far away as ever from breaking through

It's what I kept telling folks all summer. But no one would listen. :)
I did. I knew we would concede at least 15 goals less with Ederson between the sticks. As it turns out he'll be even better than I thought. Easily as good as Lloris.

Few reasons for that
Solid keeper is giving defenders the confidence.
Stones game has massively improved and his partmership with otemendi is improving all the time.
Desire of attacking players to get the ball back whenever its lost.
Defending as a team.
Keep the ball and other team wont get a chance to score.
Will be a true test against napoli i think to see where we stand but i think we,ll do well

Don't want to seem like I'm being picky, but I still think that we need another top quality centre half. We need a big, strong, commanding, pacey organiser, or an equivalent to Kompany in his prime to play alongside John Stones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.